Hip Hop Mogul Chris Lighty

Found Shot Dead

In Apparent Suicide

8/30/2012 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0830-chris-lighty-getty
Hip hop mogul Chris Lighty -- the longtime manager of 50 Cent, Diddy, Ja Rule, and Mariah Carey -- was found dead this morning in NYC from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

According to law enforcement, 44-year-old Lighty's body was found by police around 11:30 AM in the backyard of his Bronx apartment. Lighty was pronounced dead on the scene, where a semi-automatic firearm was recovered.

The death is being investigated as a possible suicide.

According to sources close to Lighty, the hip hop mogul had been in an argument with his ex-wife and shot himself in the head.

We're told the couple got divorced last year and Lighty hadn't been the same since.

ZeekOsbourne

illuminati's!!!!!

Joann

I read on another site that he owes $5,000,000.00 to the IRS. Something tells me he wasn't paying a 13% tax rate like Romney claims to.

Honeys Booboo

Shot six times thru the head in an apparent suicide,
according to first-on-the-scene Suge Knight.

ShrinkWrap

I have been suicidal before. I am so grateful that I came through it. My sympathy goes out to his family. Bless his tormented soul.

jen

RIP it is sad and people stop blaming the ex wife , it is very hard to live with a person with untreated depression , my dad hung himself and as much as l love him he was an arsehole most of my life because he never had treatment , depression often is never diagonsoed

~♥~

R.I.P.

happypat35

Why didn't someone get him help before or maybe they did. He stated back in November, he was in a very gloomy mood during a meeting. Feel sorry for his kids, especially the adorable year old daughter. RIP. Money doesn't buy happiness.

Mr Barcliff

To those who made positive sympathetic comments, I applaud you. What makes people take there own lives we will never know. I will admit, I been depressed, thought of ended it all as well. Once was about a woman, other times were random. LIFE isn't perfect but its unfair and fair to us "ALL"! What I found out was that my misery started with me, just like my happiness had to. Sadly for Chris, his marriage and other personal issues decided for him and im sure if he slept on it overnight and cleared his mind he would still be here. I have no clue truly why he ended I just hope people would get help if suicide is an option because killing yourself is "NEVER" the answer. R.I.P Chris so happy I got a chance to meet you years ago!!!

Spoch

RIP Chris...

Eric in L.A.

He must have put his life savings into Facebook Stock at the IPO. He couldn't take it anymore.

Toberday

I sure wish the illuminati would come up with something more original than suicide!

Detective. LaToya

That's sad, depression is rough. People think they are better off dead because no one will care but that ultimately means they beat you. Don't let others steal your joy, especially no man or woman who you broke up with. Things get better in time.

YouDontSay

That is the third high profile suicide.Wow very sad.

Kenny

Wasn't he just speaking on stage at the south by southwest 50 cent disaster show? i thought he was the guy speaking when 50 left the stage pissed because nobody knew the words or jived to his ..."15 million sold album"

Keksi

Another musician that got Illuminated.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments