LeAnn Rimes Sues

My Privacy Was Invaded!

8/30/2012 4:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0830_leanne_rimes_lawsuit_launch
LeAnn Rimes just filed a lawsuit against two women she claims illegally taped a conversation with her and then spread it across the Internet.

TMZ has obtained a copy of the suit ... filed in L.A. County Superior Court. Rimes alleges Kimberly Smiley and Lexi Smiley are supporters of Brandi Glanville -- Eddie Cibrian's ex -- and engaged in a campaign to trash her when she hooked up the with Eddie.

This Spring, LeAnn claims she called Kimberly in an attempt to stop the negative Internet activity. During the conversation, LeAnn says she attempted to be kind and said she wanted peace.

LeAnn alleges Kimberly and Lexi illegally and secretly recorded the conversation and then released out-of-context excerpts, painting her in a "false and negative light." They also allegedly made statements that LeAnn was "crazy and delusional."

LeAnn is suing for invasion of privacy.

Rimes' lawyer, Larry Stein, tells TMZ LeAnn will also go to police in an effort to get the people responsible for the recording prosecuted.

As we previously reported, Rimes is currently in a treatment facility for stress management.

Kevin

I just listened to the 20min conversation. No doubt Your Honour, LeAnn be crazy.

palermo

Another site claims Eddie has been cheating on her and that's why she's losing her mind

Irish Rover

not illegal when one side knows its being recorded by NYS law...

Unbelievable

WOW, unbelievable.. I thought this woman was a popular country singer?! What the heck happened to her?! This is pure nonsense, CREEPY!!!

My personal opinion and view on this matter.

Irish Rover

Not sure what cali`s super liberal rules are on it but in my state you CAN record a person as long as one party knows it is being recorded!

Hope

IMO Leann Rimes is a stupid lying ****

Namaste

LeAnn is trying to play the pity poor me card like poor kids who are bullied into killing themselves, etc only her's is an act.. i don't believe for a minute any of the stories today, they are just PR Spin, etc because she got caught calling someone from twitter and being crazy.. She is ridiculous and I hope she loses in court..

LeAnn Rimes sues me in 3..2..1..

jimi

eat a sandwich bitch

hugh

She was "being kind" to the woman she called and harrassed by starting the conversation with "bitch you've 5 minutes to say anything you want"?????
LeAnn is crazy to even file this lawsuit....won't work and in the end there will be more info about LeAnn that she's really going to go nuts over...

dani

Hate it say this but team Leann on this one. Doesn't this Kimberly Smiley woman have anything else better to do than cyber harass a celebrity. I read somewhere she's a mother and teacher too. What a great example she's setting not.

Anne

Anyone kmows where to go ..to listen to the recording??

Mr E

I will never forget that lovely fresh-faced teenager winning an industry award for "Blue." That's the lovely LeAnn Rimes I still love, and who still remains within this husk. And I believe in her.

smorbie

So what were they saying? That she broke up a marriage and ruined a bunch of lives? Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Sally

She is certanily within her rights if they did that.

Grumpinmcpunkkin

Hey LeAnn, take your problems to God, he cares, we don't. Your cheating is what is condemning you and your having to blame twitter bullies. Prayer honey, prayer. Ask God for forgiveness, it will unload a lot of your burdens.
I remember a radio interview and she was asked about having kids... She said right now she did not see having kids any time soon. Two weeks later she was divorcing her husband and was already with Eddie. I see now why there was no kids in her future with her then husband.
What a piece of work.