LeAnn Rimes Sues

My Privacy Was Invaded!

8/30/2012 4:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0830_leanne_rimes_lawsuit_launch
LeAnn Rimes just filed a lawsuit against two women she claims illegally taped a conversation with her and then spread it across the Internet.

TMZ has obtained a copy of the suit ... filed in L.A. County Superior Court. Rimes alleges Kimberly Smiley and Lexi Smiley are supporters of Brandi Glanville -- Eddie Cibrian's ex -- and engaged in a campaign to trash her when she hooked up the with Eddie.

This Spring, LeAnn claims she called Kimberly in an attempt to stop the negative Internet activity. During the conversation, LeAnn says she attempted to be kind and said she wanted peace.

LeAnn alleges Kimberly and Lexi illegally and secretly recorded the conversation and then released out-of-context excerpts, painting her in a "false and negative light." They also allegedly made statements that LeAnn was "crazy and delusional."

LeAnn is suing for invasion of privacy.

Rimes' lawyer, Larry Stein, tells TMZ LeAnn will also go to police in an effort to get the people responsible for the recording prosecuted.

As we previously reported, Rimes is currently in a treatment facility for stress management.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

small asian penis

She is the trailer park version of Tori Spelling. "What?" You ask, Google it. Spelling did the same thing, but Spelling's husband, Dean, adopted a baby with his first wife weeks before he ran off with Spelling.

Julianthe

She's mentally ill.

trose44

Ok I just went online to listen to this BS and those of you bashing Leann need to ****ing move on. If I was talking to the twit she was talking to and listening to her dumb ass comments I would be irritated to. None of you people know exactly wtf has been going on. I am not a huge fan of Leann's, but I have also watched this Brandi chick as well, don't paint this woman to be a ****ing saint. It takes two too cheat obviously Eddie wasn't happy in his marriage and I think Brandi is full of **** saying she was blindsided. You oh so perfect people that continue to judge and cast stones need to take a good long look in the mirror and then move on.

Brad

Are the majority of you really that retarded? a phone conversation involves two parties ONLY, and is a fairly private system of communication. these PUBLIC ONLINE FORUMS involve anyone who can see and comprehend what is being said. Smiley broke the law, plain and simple. No excuse will dismiss the fact that SHE BROKE THE LAW. I do not care for Leeann, but she does have the right to sue when someone INVADES HER PRIVACY. The amount of ignorance shown on the internet is astonishing.

Ebony Brown

broad you called her. She can record what the heck she wants. she should sue you for harassment

elle.gee

She is sooooooooooo ugly I have no idea how Eddie left Brandi for her!! Anyways what's her job? Actress singer or homewreaker?? Just asking hahaha

Norman

Someone has a vendetta against her. She unfortunately may never see the end of her woes.

Holly

May the Lord continue to look after LeAnn and give her the strength to over come the words out of those who do nothing but tear down her EVERY move. (bowing my head).

God bless her always!!!

Holly in East Tennessee (a day one fan of her).

P.S. I can't wait to hear her new songs! (big smile)

JUST A GOOD PERSON

LEANN RIMES, YOU STOLE THE GUY FROM HIS WIFE AT THE TIME SHAMELESSLY. JUST SHUT THE F UP.. I REALLY HATE THIS WOMAN, A SHAME FOR WOMAN KIND, PATHETIC.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9