Matthew McConaughey

Wasting Away ...

For New Movie Role

8/30/2012 3:45 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0830_mathew_mconahey_pcn
Matthew McConaughey is usually known for flaunting his buff and topless torso, but it was his startling gaunt new look in NYC on Thursday that had everyone's jaws dropping.

The 42-year-old is drastically losing the pounds to play Ron Woodruff in the movie "The Dallas Buyer's Club," the true story of a man who contracted HIV through drug use in the '80s and has to smuggle life-saving medications from Mexico.

From dropping trou in "Magic Mike" to now dropping pounds ... it's no question Matt is racking up an impressive body of work.

A

He looks like Christopher Walken. And to the moron who thinks HIV is a myth, please don't vote this year.

honesty

This is horrible. They can CGI people to make them look like blue aliens in Avatar, people into wolfs in Twilight, but they cannot do this for McConaughey in this movie? They are endangering his life. How crazy is this? It also shows how insane the actor is to go along with it!

Lynda Jones-owings

Matt, be careful of losing weight like that. I hope you are seeing a doctor during this transition.

lcdc

He looks like Scott Weiland on drugs.

jared phillips

He looks like a 65 year old cancer patient.

stonechops

Wow, how do I accomplish this. Please post the diet.

Barb

He looks more like Ron Wood ,,, or Keith Richards.

whippetmom

He looks like hell!

Anonymous

Nothing is worth jeopardizing your health. He definitely should have passed up this role.

jb

Matthew...you are looking a little like Clint Eastwood....hey....I always love an actor/actress that truly goes the full throttle for the role...btw...Matthew...do you have any unattached friends...my daughter is hooked up with a real you know what...I like your attitude...

jb

Matthew is awesome....geez sexiest man I have ever seen...I love when an actor gets into the role....and he is the man to do it...kudos to him...He has got it going on.

jb

Matthew...I love your acting ability...you are taking it to another level...proving to the world you are not just another pretty face and body...right on!!!!

jb

I am always amazed when I see somthing like this...remember when the Titanic (the old version came out) and she gained like 100 pounds...everyone was okay with that....I think it would be easier to gain pounds than to lose them...yes?

jb

Matthew...you are hot ....no matter how you slice it...you are one hot tamale!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

jb

OBTW....you look a lot better than Walken....in fact...it never hurts to lose a few pounds...I get tired of looking at all the fat people on the tube...this is very good...nice job, Matt....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments