'American Idol'

Randy Jackson

OUT AS JUDGE

8/31/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0830_randy_jackson_american_idol_articleThe dawg days are over at "American Idol" ... TMZ has learned Randy Jackson is officially LEAVING the judge's table ... but will still remain a part of the show as a "mentor."

Sources connected to "Idol" tell us ... there's some concern among the brass that Jackson is not well-suited for the mentor role ... but they feel they need him because he's the glue that helps keep the show together.

As for his replacement ... sources tell us Nicki Minaj's deal is 99% done ... but still not a sure thing just yet.

We're told the honchos are keenly aware Mariah Carey isn't a fan of Minaj and doesn't want her at the table ... a fact producers LOVE because they think the conflict and tension will be good for the show.

And ... we now know A.I. will once again go with a 4th judge ...  we're told producers are gunning for someone from the country music world for the third seat.  Seat number 4 is up in the air.

Finally, altough "A.I." wanted Diddy or Kanye West ... we're told they are definitely out of the picture.

Thiiiiiiiiis ... is getting intense.

0831_randy_jackson_american_idol_judge_footer

Level34

Someone really needs to euthanize this show. And fast!

Carol

I will not watch even out of morbid curiosity with Nicki Minaj on there. What can she possibly tell people to help their career? Get LOTS of plastic surgery and auto tune and you are good to go. Give me a break this show has become such a joke I want to see it canceled already.

STFUalreadyOgeez

I WILL NOT WATCH
that was the last straw
Randy out Minaj in?
NO WAY _ sad end to a great run

Wtfsmh

This show is done i stopped watching after Jennifer Hudson . Worry bout the actual talent azzholez not wasting millions on already rich snobs. And seriously minaj is a horrible role model !!!! What are u thinking!!!!!!

Wtfsmh

I HATE Nikki monkeynaje... I hate that cheap auto tune bleached whore

starzzguitar

If Nicki is a judge, I don't who the other judges are, I'm not watching anymore, and I've watched all the seasons since it started. She is a non-talent, and totally obnoxious. Even Mariah deserves better than this. The producers are idiots.

Brian D. Wendt

Cancel the damn show.. it's getting to awkward and of course no one judge wants to be there more than one or two seasons. CANCEL!! It's getting more crappy rateings annually

Nayners57

It's time to shut it down. I never watched AI anyway.

Seldombinlaid

Screw this show, I used to relly look forward to it. I'm done. Mariah is a little self surving pain in the ass, and who's this other chick? And, now no Dawg. Stick a fork in it. because it's done. Who are the dumbasses running this thing.

Seldombinlaid

Now Dawg, no show. No more votes from my wife, and I.

Fred

Just cancel the STUPID show already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Santa Clause

I guess it's time to STOP watching Idol cuz Nicki Minaj doesn't cut it!

RizzeRod

it's about over for American Idol the only thing that could revive this show is having the original cast back. and that ain't happening. who's next Ryan? http://tellmehowilooknow.wordpress.com/

Ingy53

Show is over, barely made it last season. Love u but bye!

Zaidi

A.I. is still going to the dawgs. Diddy or Kanye? Give me a break. Neither of them know a b flat from a flat tire!