'American Idol'

Randy Jackson

OUT AS JUDGE

8/31/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0830_randy_jackson_american_idol_articleThe dawg days are over at "American Idol" ... TMZ has learned Randy Jackson is officially LEAVING the judge's table ... but will still remain a part of the show as a "mentor."

Sources connected to "Idol" tell us ... there's some concern among the brass that Jackson is not well-suited for the mentor role ... but they feel they need him because he's the glue that helps keep the show together.

As for his replacement ... sources tell us Nicki Minaj's deal is 99% done ... but still not a sure thing just yet.

We're told the honchos are keenly aware Mariah Carey isn't a fan of Minaj and doesn't want her at the table ... a fact producers LOVE because they think the conflict and tension will be good for the show.

And ... we now know A.I. will once again go with a 4th judge ...  we're told producers are gunning for someone from the country music world for the third seat.  Seat number 4 is up in the air.

Finally, altough "A.I." wanted Diddy or Kanye West ... we're told they are definitely out of the picture.

Thiiiiiiiiis ... is getting intense.

0831_randy_jackson_american_idol_judge_footer

Sandra

Idol has had the bun and the new judges can't save it !!

tommyt

So this is the last season then? That's cool it was getting stale as it was but it was not because of the judges.

You have doomed yourself American Idol.

Lol

RUDEBLACKDUDE reminds me of uncle ruckus from boondocks. lol

ragu4u

I cannot be the only one who hears the death knell for this used up scam of a show.

Diane

This just may be the final season of American Idol. Sad...I've enjoyed this show. I'll miss Steven Tyler..I never knew of him with a personality...just a lead singer, so that was interesting. JoLo showed a different side of her persona...a human side when I thought she was just an annoying diva...now I like JoLo. I'll just miss Randy...dawg.

Who the Hell is Khloe

This show needs to be canceled

MsSharon1031

If Nicki Minaj is hired as a judge the show is toast. I'm serious. I can't imagine watching her ugly mug on my tv screen. What are they thinking? She's got no credentials to judge any1's talent. She has none. Since when is rapping singing?

Ishagn

Anyone but Nicki Minaj pleaseeeee !

Bitch please

So A.I. wants to show drama instead of talent. Wow pathetic. Who even watches this crap anymore.

Joey

Even Randy doesn't want to be a Judge with the Fat Diva and the Talentless ugly rapper wannabe
Shut it down Nigel the show is Done

Bitch please

Jho was just on there to promote her crappy show and her crap music anyways. The producers of A.I. should jump off a bridge for obviously trying to make this about drama with the judges instead of talent. Take Nikki Minaj with you when you jump A.I.

galey

What they need is Adam Lambert!

OhSueZanna

Diddy or Kanye would be a perfect fit with the other two losers then the show can officially be flushed!!!! WILL NEVER WATCH THIS SHOW AGAIN!!!!

Iris Myandowski

just stick a fork in that show ...it's overdone ...actually it's pretty burnt ...

What the F**k

Nicki is a douche bag. My days of watching are over if this no talent pos sits at the table...