'American Idol'

Randy Jackson

OUT AS JUDGE

8/31/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0830_randy_jackson_american_idol_articleThe dawg days are over at "American Idol" ... TMZ has learned Randy Jackson is officially LEAVING the judge's table ... but will still remain a part of the show as a "mentor."

Sources connected to "Idol" tell us ... there's some concern among the brass that Jackson is not well-suited for the mentor role ... but they feel they need him because he's the glue that helps keep the show together.

As for his replacement ... sources tell us Nicki Minaj's deal is 99% done ... but still not a sure thing just yet.

We're told the honchos are keenly aware Mariah Carey isn't a fan of Minaj and doesn't want her at the table ... a fact producers LOVE because they think the conflict and tension will be good for the show.

And ... we now know A.I. will once again go with a 4th judge ...  we're told producers are gunning for someone from the country music world for the third seat.  Seat number 4 is up in the air.

Finally, altough "A.I." wanted Diddy or Kanye West ... we're told they are definitely out of the picture.

Thiiiiiiiiis ... is getting intense.

0831_randy_jackson_american_idol_judge_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

GOD

Buh Bye Bitch.

AlwaysOnTimeB

It's about time!!! If I heard one more "Yo Dawg," I would have to jump off a cliff.

hugh

They're making a huge mistake.

Jordan

I say do something BIG BAD AND BOLD make all 4 judges woman Mariah Carrie, Nikki Minaj, Kim Kardashian, and Miley cyrus.

MrHarrybawls2010

American Idol has a short list theyre looking at for their next judge:

1. Alan Thicke
2. Tony Danza
3. Louie Anderson
4. Ed Begley Jr.
5. Melissa Rivers
6. Sinbad
7. Fred Willard
8. Corey Feldman
9. Charo
10. Carrot Top

But they are in serious negotiations with Dustin "Screech" Diamond from Saved By The Bell.

I can't wait.

Gidge9

So this will be the finale season........

Kifferslady

Been watching AI since season 1. I will NOT watch if Nicki Minaj is on there. What the show needs are people who can be role models for these kids that are trying out. With her lyrics she doesn't come close to that mold. Thank God Kanye West is already out!! He would be a no go for us as well. Remember AI, you also have a few older fans watching this show. Get too outlandish in your choice of judges and you'll lose that whole audience. We DO buy things you know. We also have more money than the teeny boppers.

Bitch please

American Idol needs to be over. So boring and lame now. Jlo was a snooze fest.

BaneTyson

Get Axl Rose as a judge... RATNGS! Or Bret Michaels, Vince Neil... One of those hair band guys. Why is it always rap and R&B? I would watch you get a hair band guy on there.

oscarpopcan

this USED to be a good show...
i don't even remember who won this past season's show
was it Durbin?? He's got a great album out

BB in CA

I haven't watched this show since Jlow, the fur hag, was hired. Once you give it up, you wonder why the hell you wasted your time watching it.

Bitch please

At least Mariah can sing. I dont blame her for not wanting this ghetto trick as a judge. And Randy dawg, your time ran out dawg. Thats show biz.

Morticia Cowghoul

They should get Barbra Mandrell for the country judge. I used to watch her show as a kiddo. And she can sing.

ithoughtitwasgum

Thank god that annoying n*gger is out

Josh

loaded up with ghetto trash. I will not allow AI in my house any longer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments