Clint Eastwood

Bumbles Through

Invisible Obama Schtick

8/31/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch
Clint Eastwood brought down the partisan crowd at the RNC by stumbling through an 11-minute bit last night that was supposed to be painfully hysterical ... but might have been just painful.

The legendary actor/director got on stage and addressed an empty stool next to him, saying ... "I've got Mr. Obama sitting here. I just was gonna ask him a couple questions."

During the schtick 82-year-old Clint seemed confused at times as he critiqued the President's 4 years in office ... and set up punchlines like, "What do you want me to tell Romney? I can't tell him to do that. He can't do that to himself."

President Obama responded to the invisible routine this morning by tweeting a pic of the back of his chair with the message, "This seat's taken."

0831_obama_chair_twitter
No doubt, landing an icon like Eastwood to warm up the crowd for Mitt Romney was a coup for the GOP -- but still, we gotta ask ...

R U 4real

RNC= Republicans Nincompoop Circus...televised to show off a group of Buffoon ass clowns...So sorry that poor old Clint had to be caught up in this mess..talking to a piece of furniture...

MAX

I SEE ALL THE LIBERAL LOSERS ARE JUMPING ON EASTWOOD, WELL WHEN YOUR STANDING IN THE BREAD AND CHEESE LINE BECAUSE OF THE BAFFOON IN CHARGE NOW DONT COME CRYING FOR " ANYTHING " YOU PUT OBAMA THERE NOW LIVE WITH IT , MAN UP ADMIT YOU MADE A MISTAKE IN 2008 AND GET OBAMY OUT OF OFFICE

boxdin

The stumbling was on purpose for comedic effect. Amazing to see the hate and intolerance shown by those on the left. Everyone else things Clint hit it out of the park. Sad bunch here, stuck in obamaland, the worst pres we have ever had. Celebrate obama departure very soon !!!

Sherri

Thought Clint was Awesome. More GOP's in Hollywood then Holllywood wants us all to think........

Chuck

Eastwood is my hero and you liberal left coast TMZ nerds in California continue to express your bias.

a mere mortal

new campaign slogan...
"Obama 2012: This seat's taken."

that was the coolest response...

reminded me of the sopeech by Michael Douglas in American President..

"My name is Andrew Shepherd ..and I AM the President."

John_Dunkel

I'm tired of war. So no to Romney. Let's instead start a war on unemployment.

Donb

Good Message!!! Wrong messenger Sorry GOP looks like four more years of the Obama/George "Poor Guys reruns." Cannot wait for next $40 grand dinner party!!!!

Throwback kid

When I saw Romney and his beautiful family on stage at the end of the convention it just felt right, I said to myself It's time to get the Obama's out of the White House, America needs a positive change

MiMi

I totally understood his unconventional performance. It was entertaining...and on point.

Throwback kid

The left wing losers, I mean liberals need to lighten up, If George Clooney had done that bit about a Republican they would have said he hit it out of the park and had a red carpet event for him. Face it Obama is done, time to send him packing, Romney 2012

Ang

He is 82 years old...give the guy a break...lets respect our elders people. I think he did just fine,

DaveT

Clint Eastwood for President ;)
For people who think Clint is racist, you're mistaken.
Clint chose to be in the Gran Torino movie, and to direct it in the fashion he did, because he wanted to promote unity between races, he liked the way the story unfolded from a bigoted man's feelings towards other races, into that bigoted man realizing skin color doesn't dictate who we are, our personality's do, and then befriending Hmong people and ending up feeling like they were family to him.
Little trivia.....The young white dude who was walking with the Hmong girl who Clint told off in the movie, is actually Clint's real son, Scott Eastwood

MrR

Only people that can think out-side of the box know just how funny it was. Comedy is a b/witch !

Gita

OMG Obama is to smart for these BIG brainless people. MITT was so FAKE did you see his stares at least Ronald was an actor he could fake the funk this one forget it. Never did I here that MITT is HONEST. What's up with those TAXES???????