« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Evelyn Lozada

Chad Is 'A Good Guy

Who Made a Bad Choice'

8/31/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_lozada_abc
Evelyn Lozada says despite his arrest for allegedly head-butting her, she still loves estranged husband Chad Johnson -- but adds she can't imagine speaking to him any time soon.

In an interview with "Nightline" that airs tonight, Lozada described the alleged domestic violence incident as "a bad choice that destroyed his life ... But it was his choice, it wasn't mine."

Lozada said she hopes Chad is getting help and she wants "the best for him," but says that being apart is "the right thing."

Johnson is expected to be arraigned in September. Evelyn filed for divorce 2 days after his arrest.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

curiousone

I suffered from a domestic violence incident. One where I was almost killed. I talked to the cops and a few close friends. There was no freaking way I would have been able to do a full blown network interview as I was spending most of my time having panic attacks in the bathroom. I guess everyone is different but her ability to talk openly about it makes me question her motives for marrying him, having that intense of a fight with him and then dumping him and running and telling the world. Literally, she's telling the world. As a domestic violence survivor, I am really confused by her.

JimmyB

Did she have a second story added to that forehead?

JimmyB

I'm kidding...that was kinda mean.

CriticXtreme

You wanted this worldwide attention and you got so shut up and ride this out to riches. And if you're truly good with your acting, maybe Oprah will come calling.

CriticXtreme

You wanted this worldwide attention and you got it so shut the &^%$%%^ up and ride this out to riches. And if you're truly good with your acting, maybe Oprah will come calling.

Rebecca

Um last I checked, when you head butt someone and they have a so-called gash on their forehead, there would be a gash on their forehead. or unless she got a good ass plastic surgeran to make it go away (which I doubt).

Lemar

Let the gold digging begin

Lisa-Centereach

Why is she even getting air time??????????????

She is a bully! She has physically and verbally attacked others. She IS NOT A VICTIM. She does not speak for others regarding domestic violence AND guess what? Karma knocked bitch. I have no doubt she put her hands on Chad and she kept running her f'ing mouth. Now I do oppose any violence against women by men, but she isn't an innocent individual. She is a perpetrator of violence. F**k off bitch. You are a non-mother f**kin factor.

Vanessa

wow I was raised in a domestic violence environment to this day I'm traumatized by this even if I don't know the person I'll start crying right away but her she's Evilyn you better redneckonized her she's crazy and need help like me but never in my life was I involved in a fight she's just 100% trash fawwwwk her..really!!!

Judith

This bitch has the temerity to sit there and play the victim of abuse having repeatedly abused women during 4 seasons of BBW. #classicsociopath

I am Spartacus

Damn you could show a movie on that forehead

karenjj

What is with these women? First Rhinna and now this woman saying the same thing - how their abusers "need help". Let these guys take the blame and go to jail. This ghetto ho is the one who needs help because she is delusional!!!!!

Mumra the Ever Living

So how much flesh does she want to flay from his body in the divorce settlement/bodily injury lawsuit?

lisa

I logged in to comment but I just cant. She's absolutely lying. She just set women back 100 years. Im praying for Chad's family especially his children and will not continue to support anything Evelyn is a part of.

jeff