Paul Ryan

Black Ex-Girlfriend Wants NOTHING

To Do with Campaign

8/31/2012 10:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0831_deneeta_pope_article_yearbook_wsj_2Deneeta Pope -- the African American woman who dated Paul Ryan in college -- wants to stay a country mile away from the Presidential election ... TMZ has learned.

We spoke with Pope a few minutes ago and she could not have been clearer -- she does not want to become an issue in the election.

Pope said, "I'm not interested in talking. I don't know why everyone is calling. I'm newly married and would just like to be left alone."

Ryan did an interview awhile back, saying he had a Black GF during college.  Ryan was clearly trying to blunt criticism that he was not sympathetic to African Americans.

Pope deflected the call and said any questions about Paul Ryan should be directed to Paul Ryan.

Problem is ... he's kinda busy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

TJ

Sorry- black and white just don't mix. Stay with your own race, it's better for everyone. It just is, and you all know it.. So,he pulled a "Kim Kardashian."

JMH23

Stop putting words in Ryan's mouth & stop playing the race card when obviously there is NO issue. TMZ needs to quit making a skeptical of the Election 2012...some of us Americans are very concerned for our country. This is as bad as Obama's love of celebrity endorsements.

SheisHot

She is all sorts of HOT!

Linda

You guys are sad Harvey.....leave her alone ....Guess what he probably had a black friend too....stop acting racist because that is what you are doing with this story

Clytemnestra

How refreshing...she does not wish to be involved. No tell all. No video. No paid interviews. An actual real person with a life which she chooses NOT to share with the whole world. My hat is off to you...you are a real lady in the finest sense of the word.

goodbye

Strom Thurmond had a black daughter and he was a big time supporter of segregation.

goodbye

I have two words Strom Thurmond. Dating a black woman doesn't give you a pass.

pound386

Black this and black that, we can see the photo.stop adding to division. use her name, also so she is not black! thats a color and she is a person.

386POUND

BLACK THIS AND BLACK THAT WE CAN SEE THE PHOTO, STOP ADDING TO DIVISION. JUST SAY HIS EX GIRL FRIEND AND SHE'S NOT BLACK SHE'S HER NAME.

Carolyn Phillips

My concern is not Paul Ryans' past or current love life; his hypocracy, and his ideology irritates the hell out of me.

KOR Fitness

Who cares if he dated a black woman or not. I will not vote for him because he dated a black woman, and I will not NOT vote for him because he dated a black woman. It is irrelevant. I will vote for the best candidate.

David

Ryand dumped her because she is black and he did not want that as a stain on his campaign. I hope she did not have to get an abortion for him

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7