Robin Roberts'

Mother Dies

8/31/2012 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0831_robin_roberts_02
It's almost too much for anyone to bear ... Now we know why "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts left a day before her scheduled medical leave -- her mother died Thursday.

Roberts -- who will be taking several months off to undergo treatment -- including a bone marrow transplant -- for a rare blood disorder -- flew to Mississippi Thursday to see her 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, before she passed away.

Roberts -- who battled breast cancer and developed the blood disorder as a result of chemo -- will be getting the life-saving bone marrow from her sister, Sally-Ann. The procedure is scheduled for next week.

Caleigh

How much more can Robin take? At least she was able to say goodbye, If this was during her treatment would she have been able to leave the hosp?

God wanted her to be able to say goodbye and now God will get her through her treatment, she will recover be stronger than ever
Robin FTW for the win xoxoxo

Virtual Insanity

My sincere condolences to the Roberts family.

YouDontSay

Wow Robin this brings tears to my eyes. From one cancer survivor to another..Kick it's ass!

Scotty

Remember when reporters reported the news? They left their personal life at home, so much better then. When overpaid news readers share too much of their personal life, it gets tedious and boring.

And P. S . Every time Robin had her mother on the show, Robin was shaking like a leaf! Abusive parenting IMO!!!!

Karen White

My heart and Sympathy goes out to u and ur Family Robin.Your Mom was such a beautifulWoman. One thing we know for sure she doesn't have tobear anymore pain or worries.RIP. Ms.Roberts.

SHANDRA

THERE WILL BE GLORY, VICTORY & PRAISE AFTER THIS!!!!

CloBird

This is such sad news for Robin Roberts and her family. It is already a difficult time; now to endure the loss of a family matriarch is even more trying.

Liz

That's what happened to my mom. She was diagnosed at 60 with breast cancer. She had a mastectomy AND radiation and chemotherapy. She died at 65, not from cancer, but from leukemia which was caused by the chemo treatments. My heart goes out to Robin. This is just so sad.

whymoi

My sincerest condolences to Ms. Roberts and her family. And, may God's grace be with you all.

seamus

So sorry Robin. Love you.

WatcherOne

My heart goes out to all of her family. Here is to better days ahead Ms. Roberts.

Page

My heart goes out to you and your family. Stay strong and know that your mother is in a better place and she will always live in your heart everday. You stay strong for your surgery and know that she is there holding your hand.

G.

Ashlyn

That poor woman can't catch a break. This breaks my heart. My deepest sympathies go out to her during this hard time. I hope her procedure goes well and she has a healthy recovery. My thoughts are with you.

LindaLou

This "blood disorder" used to be called "pre-leukemia". My mother had it, then got a form a leukemia (AML) that has no cure, then died. A bone marrow transplant if very risky, but is the best shot to get rid of it if you survive it.

Andrew

Robin. Sorry about your mom. Glad you made it back in time..and glad you have a show where your co-workers actually care about their fellow worker. Take it easy. We'll see you when you are better. God bless.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments