Quincy Jones

SCREW IT

I'm Crushing Joe Francis

9/1/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0831-wynn-quincy-jones-francis-getty
Quincy Jones
has had a change of heart -- he WILL  testify against "Girls Gone Wild" creator Joe Francis in a crazy lawsuit involving an alleged murder plot ... despite the fact that the judge gave him a pass.

TMZ broke the story ... Quincy was subpoenaed to testify in Steve Wynn's defamation lawsuit against Francis, in which the "GGW" creator has claimed Wynn threatened to kill him and have him buried in the desert over a debt Francis owed to Wynn's casino.

According to Francis, Quincy had seen an email from Wynn detailing the alleged murder plot -- so Wynn called on 79-year-old Quincy to testify in order to show Francis was lying.

Quincy claimed he was too sick to testify -- claiming he experienced heart palpitations and shortness of breath after getting served with a subpoena -- and the judge agreed.

But now Quincy has changed his mind -- we're told he WILL testify against Francis because he believes it's the right thing to do.

Sources tell us Quincy will tell the jury he NEVER saw any email from Steve Wynn about an alleged murder plot  -- and he wants to set the record straight in the name of justice.

He's expected to show up in court to testify next Tuesday or Wednesday.

update_bar
Francis tells TMZ, "Even if Quincy Jones has been forced by Steve Wynn and his cronies to testify and possibly lie for Wynn, which I still don't believe is the case, I am 100 percent confident that I will win this case."

angel

Joe Francis is such a douche...I'd hit it. J/k

YouDontSay

Oooohh

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Is Joe Francis gay? Every time I see video of him I get a major gay vibe.

DaveT

Haha what's new, someone going after Francis again :D
Joe Francis is usually found innocent because he is innocent.
Lot of the people who don't like Francis are jealous women who are mad that other women show their boobies and get attention ;)

ashley

Okay, what kinda of trouble can Francis get in??? I can't stand that slime ball!

Carl

I think Quincy is rich enough and powerful enough that Wynn can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to do.

ManiacalZebra

Joe, just because someone calls you on your crap, doesn't mean they are lying under oath. I really hope you don't believe your own crap, because I don't think there's a shrink in the world capable of curing your delusions.

Jeff Smith

This is the statement that TMZ didn't post from Joe Franics. I found it on www.meetjoefrancis.com

This was my response to the TMZ story today that TMZ has refused to post.

“As was reported in the media today if Quincy Jones is forced by Steve Wynn and his cronies to testify and possibly lie for Wynn, WHICH I STILL DON’T BELIEVE TO BE TRUE, I am 100-percent confident that I will win this case. The alleged “defamation” was a result of my request in a courtroom for a restraining order against Steve Wynn. I made this request because I was afraid for my life. Numerous people, not just Quincy Jones, told me that Steve Wynn was threatening to kill me. Just Google “Steve Wynn” and “crime” and you would be scared too. Steve Wynn is referred to as the FIGURE HEAD of the Genovese CRIME FAMILY, by a government agency. ANY REASONABLE PERSON WOULD HAVE BEEN AFRAID for their life too.

Strictly from a legal standpoint I will win this case for numerous reasons. Besides THE FACT THAT I AM TELLING THE TRUTH, after the alleged defamation of Steve Wynn’s his net with has gone up 500-million-dollars during the worst economy in history. How could Steve Wynn be finically damaged by the alleged defamatory statements? He will also have to show exactly how he was finically damaged to the jury to win this case. Also, statements that are made in a courtroom in this context are considered “privileged”, meaning without the fear of being sued. No one would seek court protection if they had to fear for their life while at the same time fear getting sued for millions of dollars by a bully like Steve Wynn.”

Joshua

Just read that statement from Joe Francis. Steve Wynn seems like a scary guy. I'd be scared too!

John_Dunkel

Sounds like someone is getting blindsided. Unless you can turn it around. Then again, it's all a big gamble. Isn't it?

CO.Man

Joe Francis, it's time your knocked off your hig horse!!

You putzz!!!