« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives' Star

Buries $800k Hatchet

With Ex-Husband

9/2/2012 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0901_tami_roman_kenny_anderson_tmz_getty
"Basketball Wives" star Tami Roman and her former NBA-playing ex-husband have finally settled an $800,000 child support lawsuit after battling for almost NINE YEARS, TMZ has learned.

Roman filed a lawsuit in New Jersey way back in 2005 against her ex, retired NBA star Kenny Anderson. Roman claimed he had stopped paying the court-ordered $8,500/month in child support for their two daughters -- totaling $800k in missed payments.

Sources close to Tami tell TMZ ... the two recently settled the case out of court. We're told Tami received just south of what she was owed and will be paid incrementally through Kenny's NBA retirement fund.

We're told in return, all the warrants issued against Anderson for his unpaid child support were dropped.

Sources close to Tami add that she is happy Kenny is becoming more involved with their two daughters and is ready to move on from this chapter in her life

Calls to both parties' lawyers were not returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

GoodOnPaper

child support should really be the same for ALL CHILDREN. does it cost $50 per week or 4k per week to support a child? support should not include maintaining a high profile life that the mother sought but did NOT earn.

DopeLikeCoke

102k a year in child support? These harlots need real jobs.

karenjj

This woman is a embarrassment to her children. She is a GHETTO HO BULLY. I hope no one ever bullies her children the way she bullies people. Karma, be-atch. It will bite you.

karenjj

I mean an embarrassment. So those of you who want to, can't hate on my grammer :)

Tracy

I'ts a dam shame when you have to chase a man or woman down to pat child support when you have the money to pay it. When things do not work our between
the parents don't let the children suffer.

I hope she collects the money from this dead beat!

RedwoodPerch

"to be paid incrementally through the NBA pension fund" sounds to me that the dude is broke. Why do these always go broke within a few short years? I am starting to think that they all have crooked investment advisors. The athletes are made to believe that their investments are in good standing so they continue to spend like a drunken sailor. Only to find out that the bottom fell out of all their investments and they wind up broke. There should be a criminal investigation.

hotbitch

Kenny Anderson didn't take care of the kids he had BEFORE she met him. I can't stand dumb hoes......

DaveT

well I was kissin' on Cindy
hey that I won't deny-hi-igh
but that's a long time ago-oh-oo-oh-oo
I let a dead dog lie-high
but if you want to cut dee-heep
how 'bout you and old Joe?
.I caught you down at the cree-ee-ee-eek
just 10 years ago-ho-oo
We bury the hatchet
but leave the handle stickin' out...

feelicks

now she can medicine for her case of herpes and crabs.

Bitchmaster

These women marry for one thing only. MONEY. Not LOVE, but pure GREED to take all they can from theses poor guys who earned the money.

Carl

I'm not sure if it is my age or the fact that I couldn't care less about Basketball Wives, but I always think of her as being on the Real World making a greatly exaggerated sexual assault claim.

HumanNature

WHAT ASS HOLE OF A PARENT WOULD STOP MAKING PAYMENTS ON THEIR COURT ORDERED CHILD SUPPORT FOR "NINE YEARS"!!!!!

IT TAKE "TWO" TO FINANCIALLY RAISE A CHILD!!!!!

NOT ONE PARENT!!!!

HE'S THE S***BAG!!!!!

NOT HER!!!

Bambi

The child support in these cases is high but they make enough money to pay it. You can run but you cannot hide from support services. Men that do not want children should wrap it and then they would not have to worry about paying their exes.

Chris aka "Tree"

I couldnt stand this gold digging B!tch evn back when she was on Real World!! Would love to see her get her ass whipped on her new show!! That would definately be the only way I would watch Basketball Wives!!

Judith

SMOKING GUN: EVELYN LOZADA ADMITS TO ASSAULTING A WOMAN!!!! KANDI KOATED NIGHT 6.20.12...please go to ustream/kandionline.com for further details.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments