Matthew McConaughey

The Kid Stays in the Picture!

9/2/2012 3:30 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0831_matthew_mcconaughey_launchHere's emaciated hunk Matthew McConaughey in NYC this week (left) and famed Hollywood producer Robert Evans, who was the subject of the documentary "The Kid Stays in the Picture" (right).

One is known for his great body.

We're just sayin'.

Northerner

just what the hell happened to him? looks like he is dying of aides??

SilvestreJohnson34

Our team needs a person who wants to have simple job thru online. You can earn as much as $78/per hour and recieve as much as $7512 per month without having hard time to do the job done. Please read and visit this site for more informations http://www.StrongRich.com

Northerner

wow, i was first and didnt even know it.
can i possibly be second also?

awesomewave

Robert Evans is a Hollywood legend and a personal hero of mine.

Phishie from Philly

They look like twins.
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

That's what Matthew will look like in 40 years. Because he gets old and the girls stay the same age.
Phishie from Philly

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Considering the fact that Evans passed 70 up a few years ago and he's a rather peculiar shade of dark orange, it doesn't seem like a reasonable comparison. What you failed to mention in this thread is McConaghuey lost that weight in order to portray a man dying of AIDS and selling drugs.

maria

Actors do anything for money, even destroying their bodies. Losing this much weight in such little time and then having to gain it back isn't only about will power, it's much more about your body's organs and what it does medically to them.

Rae

I bet Matthew's wife is happy he waited until after their wedding to begin losing this much weight for a role. WOW, has it ever changed his looks. He must feel that the story being told is worth the effort on his part. I bet he still has his great personality though.

Spicy mag

Not worth it to wreak that much havoc on your body for a movie.

vern dufford

Robert Evans a legend!

How did McConaughey ditch such weight? Was it will power or an appetite suppressant with a a little extra feel good drug?

This post was totally POINTLESS!

Raymond

Modern day "method acting".

I could understand DeNiro getting fat for Raging Bull. Wondered about Charlize Theron getting fat and ugly for Monster, where I'd normally say she's just a miscast. But this recent starving routine a la Christian Bale/Machinist or Michael Fassbender/Hunger is really beyond me.

I can only hope the end result will justify the effort.

static

I have NFI who that guy is but I'm sure starving yourself to portray him is not worth it.

Tony C

I know he has started doing much more serious movies the last year or so but damn,if I had a body like him,there is no role that would make me want to destroy it. Oh well,maybe he will finally get noticed for his acting abilities with this role.

pam

I have always had a problem with actors who want a part so bad (money) that they will loose a bunch of weight or put o bunch on. Why? do I have this problem? because their are many actors who FIT the role, there are people who are a little bigger and do not need to gain weight and can play the hell out of the part. And there are naturally thin folks who do not have to loose any weight, maybe use some strategically placed makeup to make them look more gaunt as time goes by, but I think you understand what I am saying , BUT I have never liked Matt , he just loves himself enough for all of us, at least thats how he acts to me.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments