Michael Jackson

'This Is It' Promoters

Called Jackson a 'Mess'

9/2/2012 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0717_michael_jackson_article_gettyMichael Jackson was "an emotionally paralyzed mess" who was "scared to death" leading up to his planned "This Is It" concerts in 2009, this according to newly obtained emails sent by the promoters of the show.

In the emails, obtained by the LA Times, AEG's Randy Phillips traded messages back and forth with AEG President Tim Leiweke. In one email leading up to the 2009 press conference to announce the concerts, Phillips wrote, "MJ is locked in his room drunk and despondent ... I (am) trying to sober him up."

Phillips said Jackson was "an emotionally paralyzed mess," that Jackson was "scared to death," and that Phillips and Jackson's manager had to dress him. The press conference ended up being very brief and very strange.

The emails were part of the discovery in an ongoing lawsuit between AEG and the insurance company that backed the tour ... which is suing to get the $17.5 million policy nullified.

Diana

I don't believe it...someone is trying to cover their ___

kerrplunk

You don't need an email to see that he was a mess! Look at him.

Mandy

I don't see the point in bashing a dead man.

Daybreaker

MANDY
I don't see the point in bashing a dead man.

-----------------

Are you f'king kidding me???

We have to tell the truth and shame the devil, the freaks, the Jackos, the sickos, the pedos, the irresponsible parents, etc etc. There are too many bad people like him around, who I won't even suck their blood. But most importantly, we have to free Doctor Murray, our pedo slayer, our hero.

You are so f'king stupid!!!

MiMi

Randy Phillips is a liar.LoL he also said he had Conrad checked thoroughly checked out. What a joke.

The civil suits are all about MONEY. Those trying to get some and those trying hard not to have to pay any out.

Anything for MONEY.......

MiMi

UnWell, take all of your stupid posts and shove em up your.........

What I Think

The truth is finally beginning to come out.

cmmom

I wonder why this information didn't come out during Murray's trial????

MiMi

Truth is, that Michael was under Conrats care at the time.

I Was About To Say

@Promoters and Haters. OF COURSE YOU'D BE A MESS AND SCARED if you haven't performed in 12years and your a perfectionist, GEESH!!!!

WTF

Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
You can get one too!

>> minecraftcodes.me <

Majestik

Sorry, but three years after the fact, AEG says in emails, MJ was drunk and despondant, MJ locked himself in a bathroom, MJ was scared, MJ was emotionally paralyzed? How convenient that until you have a lawsuit against you state this, how convenient that the man in question isn't here to defend himself. Honestly, I'm actually hoping the Jackson grifters hit you with more lawsuits. What the hell, one a-hole bunch to another, maybe you all could sacrifice your young for the sake of the almighty dollar.

ohreally

Gah... slow day at TMZ, what to do? Let's get an MJ article up there. That will guarantee some site hits.

If you got a slow day, just let it be slow. I'm sure tomorrow some celebrity will do something outrageous, idiotic or completely bat **** crazy and you'll be up pumping the hits again... chin up guy.

ohreally

Also, those Michael Jackson Jingles that people keep posting are corny and lame. No, the musical notes do not make me want to read the lyrics and it doesn't make it catchy either. Stop posting that nonsense, you are the only ones reading it. Everyone else with a fully functioning brain is skipping right past it.

That is all.