Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Rich

Very Sad...a great actor and person.

~♥~

What the heck..everyone dropping like files. Sad to hear this news. He was a great actor. R.I.P. dude. You will be missed.

Briana E.

I can't Believe this all of the people i grew up with are passing on this is a very sad day for a lot of people I'm sending a lot of love and Prayers to his family R.I.P

MsMoshpit13

Mike

Such a damn, damn shame. R.I.P. Michael. Thanks for the memories.

ohreally

R.I.P... but.. at the same time.. Hmmmm

IceGypsy

Ahh :( Great actor, even better human being.

RIP Bear

t.r.

What a talented actor. RIP, son.

Stephen Harte

I feel particularly bad about this as this is exactly what happened to me. I was in severe heart failure post infarct. Due to the things I did outlined in my book, especially using of quality german made creatine pyruvate, I was able to finally recover from severe heart failure after a life treating heart attack; this no thanks to the top doctors, stents, heart drugs, that were all completely useless. I was dying, really believe me. I used top quality creatine pyruvate made in Germany which was the only thing that saved my life. How this occurred is outlined in my 556 page 61 chapter book on Amazon Kindle titled: "The Cure for Heart Disease (and Cancer too)" by Stephen (Steve) Harte. I learned from Pax Beale after reading his biography. Pax felt so good using this same therapy as I did, after his doctor botched heart bypass and mortal heart failuire, that he then not only literally grew his heart back, but at age 63 became a world champion bodybuilder until he retired from competition at age 77. He is now 83 years old. This and the true peer reviewed scientific studies done in the US and worldwide are all outlined in this book. Nobody should die post heart attack any more. It is rediculous. This really works, and requires only a reasonable amount of determination. Regards, Stephen Harte, author.

Bitch please

:'( R.I.P.

Bitch please

Its sad and unfortunate to hear an actual talented actor passed away when we have talentless "Reality" people that it could of happened to and nobody but their clueless retarded fans would give a $hit.

Evan

Atleast Omarosa knows how to properly perform CPR and saves life unlike Dr Murray with MJ, RIP brother.

JUstin

I'll continue to say it " Love whoever You want to love , date whoever you wanna date .." because this Life is Short as hell. When You go , You are GONE ....Live life to the fullest...

R.I.P Gentle Giant ...

Pound Sand

I am so very sad to hear this news. Prayers to his family and anyone who loved him. He was a fine gentleman.

Areader

Michael Clarke Duncan seemed like a good man....My prayers go out his and Omarosa's family and friends.