Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Celeb Gossip Addict

This is such terrible news. R.I.P. my friend. God bless his loved ones and fans.

KnuckleDragger

That sucks. That really, really sucks.

Who the Hell is Khloe

Aww....RIP

cokeandpilates

Gone too soon. Thank you for being such a great actor. My deepest condolences to his family.

CT

very sad, this is a great loss, i really enjoyed his movies.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Woah... didn't see that one coming. RIP there.

firebaby

wow, i mean, wow..... i love this guy.... R.I.P gone way too soon.....

CYNTHIA

TO THE FAMILY OF MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN, I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW HE WAS A VERY GOOD ACTOR IN THE GREEN MILE AND OTHER SHOWS PEACE BE WITH OMORASA FAMILY AS WELL .RIP MICHAEL AND GOD BLESS

Netta40

God rest your soul such a great actor.So sad in my prayers to your lovely one and your family.

Gary

R.I.P. Michael. You will be missed :( you died too young :(

da troof

STEEERRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOIIIIIIDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS

Drob

If he was already in a hospital room, why did she attempt to call 911???!!

Roslyn R.

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. May he RIP. My condolences to his family, friends, and love ones.

Lisa M Richardson

LOST A VERY GOOD ACTOR TO SOON RIP

Lady Juliette

Such a wonderful actor and person. He will be missed.