Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Marsy

awe r.i.p!

Beauty

Rest in Peace, brother

lmfao

R.I.P.

Arnie

Last thing he remembers... she running out the room with his wallet.

DaveT

Aw man this really really stinks, this guy was so likeable, and had a huge presence, not just his size but his personality, and nice attitude, really too bad, condolences to his friends and family

StarFleetVeteran

Omg no! I HATE this! R.I.P. Michael. Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

ts

so sad GREAT actor RIP

Melissa1987

wow this is so sad!

Phreaky

Damn thought he was going to be ok. RIP Mr. Duncan.

Detective. LaToya

That is so sad. He was a really nice guy. Rest In Peace.

John

Such a good talent gone. I'm guessing he suffered another heart attack and killed him.

Just_Me

Oh god, I feel horrible for Omarosa. She had saved him initially. He seemed like the love of her life and such a good man. So sad right now :(

TheLady530

R.I.P My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Gigohead

Omg no! I swore he was home and in recovery :( love him so much. What a huge loss for Hollywood. He was amazing in the Shawshank redemption. My condolences to his family.

Rob

Very sad......R.I.P. Michael........condolences to the family......