Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Neal

PLEASEEEE quietly check Omarosa VERY VERY Close. Mike should be here! RIP...RIP

José Vega Navarro

! Grande , grande ,grande Michael ¡ Descansa en Paz. Eras un ángel en la Tierra y ahora estas con Dios.

DEONA

WE'RE GOING TO MISS YOU MICHAEL. RIP
LOVE, THE GIRLS

HuffmanFamilyof4

what a great actor, he will be greatly missed. R.I.P. Buddy

Bobby

I WAS SO SHOCK TO HEAR THE NEWS OF HIS DEATH LAST NIGHT. HE WAS A GOOD ACTOR AND GOOD PERSON HE MADE ME LAUGH IN MOVIES HE HAD MADE AND NOW WE HAVE LOST ANOTHER CELEBRITY I AM SO SORRY FOR HIS FIANCE AND HIS FAMILY OF THERE LOST MY PRAYER IS OUT FOR HIS FIANCE AND HIS FAMILY.

Any

Not only a great actor, but a great individual. R.I.P

bless

so sad :(

Kim

Plainly put by Lauren Lipkin....shut up!

eloise

RIP BIG GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

connie Johnson

He was a great and outstanding actor, It's so hard to believe he is gone. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Juicy

He will be miss? RIP

David

I always enjoyed his acting in the movies; he was truly wonderful.

May he find a peaceful rest and may his loved ones find peace during this time.

You'll always be one of my favorites!

austin3avengers

Rip my papa died 54 yes love Michael Clarke Duncan very old man papa I love you grandson big now good half Filipino good America name Austin Delacruz third we real name Ratchet friend I clank back shirt yeah we love clank it Austin Delacruz Third mission it agent we CIA Agent new Jason Bourne...

maria guadalupe muñoz peña

solo puedo decir que descanse en paz, fue un gran artista yo lo recuerdo mas como johnn coofe,

jahartphilson

He passed away at a young age rest in peace