Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Awesome

WTF?!?!?! R.I.P.

OneLegWonder

RIP Will watch "The Green Mile" tonight in your honor!!!

wirelessmom

I'm terribly sad, Michael was one of my favorites. Way too young to die.

happypat35

How ironic, I was just thinking about him yesterday., wondering why he hasn’t been spoken about lately and kinda thought maybe he wasn’t going to make it. May he RIP.

Rocko

My heart goes out to his family and friends. He was a wonderful and beloved actor whose life was cut too short. RIP

nalliebell

RIP MCD :-(

jimi

him , bernie mac , nate dogg.....too young , too soon. rip

Courtney

He seemed like such a nice person. I am so sorry to hear about this.

Carl

Too bad, I really like him. If someone had to die I wish it was the other half of that marriage.

Virtual Insanity

Very sad. He was an incredibly talented actor.

GLaDOS

RIP
That's awful. Had hoped he'd pull through.

wow

I am so sad to hear this. My kids and I have enjoyed his talent and spirit; such a cool dude. Rest in peace, Michael.

Squatting Thunder

Damn he was such a nice guy. I usually don't give a crap when a celeb passes but I was genuinely bummed to hear about him.
R.I.P. big guy you will be missed.

King Anton

Oh Man this so messed up. RIP Michael!!

dazzyl