Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Bridget

OMG NOOO! He was a great actor and seemed to be such a nice man. You will truley be missed not just by your family and friends, but the public that loved your work. RIP Michael Clarke Duncan.

Ritt Momney

Poor guy. I'll finally catch that Missa Jingles in the trap in the kitchen in your honor.

gamepro

rip all the great ones/ good people die young and hopefully he can rest peacefully now and my favorite movie from him was the green mile but its a sad day in hollywood the select few good actors passed away

Heidi859

How very sad. I enjoyed his acting very much. R.I.P.

Gail

I loved Michael Clarke Duncan in the short-lived series The Finder. R.I.P. Mr. Duncan; you will be missed.

Rodney

This guy was as big as an NFL lineman and they all die young... you can't be over 300 pounds for decades of your life with out it taking a toll on you heart.... RIP....

TV Gord

I'm not much of a movie-goer, but I knew him from his many appearances on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. He went to Scotland with Craig for a week of shows this spring and he appeared to be having so much fun. I'm watching the Imagineers video he appeared in from those shows and it breaks my heart to think that smile is gone. I'm really going to miss the big guy!

Chase

OH NO! Old "horse-face" Omarosa ain't gonna get paid! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Gail

I loved him in the short-lived TV series "The Finder." R.I.P. Mr. Duncan - you will be missed.

sookietex

May the gods speed Michael Clarke Duncan

AlwaysOnTimeB

RIP MCD! I enjoyed his acting.

Taylor Bailey

Such a shame!!!! He was a great actor and an obviously nice man.........Very, very sad.....I'll say a prayer for you, Mike....xo

ria