Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

cass

R.I.P. - MCD

You were an awesome individual, and this news saddens me to the fullest. :(

Morticia Cowghoul

Isn't this the guy who was digging ditches for the City of Austin right before he got cast in the Green Mile? I think it is and it was such a neat story. Very sad for his family and loved ones.
:-(

wendy

awwwww, loved this guy

dd

Damn, Damn, Damn!

devilgirl

: (

Grace

you touched so many lives with your performances RIP

Nikki

He always had a nice warm presence about him; probably a wonderful man. I'm sorry for his family and for Omarosa; I'm sure they're all sad to lose him.

Hamptonsdude

That's too bad, he was a good actor in a few good movies!
Who is Omarosa Ma****ult?

LindaJay

Condolences to Omarosa and his family.

Joey

He seemed like a really nice person. It is a shame that he has passed and Kanye West is still polluting America with his noise

AuthorRTorres

REST IN PEACE BIG GUY, YOU WERE LOVED BY SO MANY!!

The New Improved Sock Puppet

R.I.P. Big Guy

Karma

So sad to learn this. I pray his spirit be free of pain and watchi over his loved ones. You were a gentle giant. Love you and the gift of you life you shared with the world in your films.

Seldombinlaid

RIP Mr. Duncan, I really enjoyed your acting. For a man of your talent, you've been take from us to soon. God Bless, your soul, and your family, and friends during this time of mourning.

B

Oh, this is so sad. He was a skilled actor and seemed to be so personable. I smiled anytime I saw him on a talk show. I really liked him. R.I.P. Your fans will miss you.