« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Regis Philbin

Is He Team Strahan?

9/3/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0902_regis_video
They've finally picked someone to fill his chair next to Kelly Ripa, but the question is ... does Regis Philbin approve of Michael Strahan?

It hasn't been officially announced yet, but as TMZ previously reported ... it will be Strahan who gets the permanent co-hosting spot next to Ripa, a seat that's been filled by a bevy of guest hosts since Regis left.

When we caught up with Regis over the weekend, he shared his thoughts on the former NFL star and passed along the one tip he'd give to Strahan and Ripa.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tim

I bet deep down Kelly is terrified of that big black guy. She will probably have some Mace near just in case.

gamepro

hopefully in a couple years people will be use to kelly and micheal like they did with kelly and regis but all the fans that show had before this change probably wont be watching

twinsies

I don't think it will work. He should stay with the sports show he does now. He's really good and this show is so much more different.

♥TMZ but ...

love the Reg

YouDontSay

The show won't last. Too bad Kelly seems like a real nice lady.

Joey

Good job Regis I think Michael will do a great job He is funny and articulate.
@TIM #1 you are a racist A$$ HOLE

Mitz

Hahaha, "I'm busy with the Paparazzi", that's epic. He looks like he had just had a few glasses. Funny as hell.

Tiny

Never watched the show to see Kelly. I can't stand her inflated opinion of herself or her constant playing with her hair. The show isn't going to last with whoever they pick to be with her. Sorry

oink

Regis is a pile of S H I T

Phishie from Philly

I don't know who thought that Michael Strahan would be a good choice. I bet he gets his teeth fixed now.
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

Tony can't stanza Danza would have been a much better choice.
Phishie from Philly

Tiny

Can't stand Kelly. I watched the show occasionally to see Regis. I'm sure her show won't last with whoever they pick because she just doesn't have what it takes. She has an inflated opinion of herself that most people can't stand.

DaveT

Regis is cool, wish he was still hosting TV shows, he has a strong presence in a room, and a way of lightening things up and keeping things funny

If sense were common everyone would have it.

I've never heard Reeg, say a bad word about anyone, unless they were as low as the 9/11 terrorists. He's always been a gentleman.

suuzie

I have not watched the show since Regis left and as far as I am concerned, no one can take Regis' place.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments