« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tyrann Mathieu

'Honey Badger'

to Re-Enroll at LSU

9/3/2012 11:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0903_Tyrann-Mathieu_getty_2LSU football star Tyann Mathieu -- who was kicked off the football team last month -- has decided to re-enroll at the school, this according to a new report.

Mathieu (nicknamed Honey Badger) had weighed several options -- including transferring to a FCS or lower-division school where he could play immediately -- but his adopted father told ESPN he has decided to stay at LSU.

He would still have to be re-instated to the team by head coach Les Miles, but his father previously said Mathieu was going to take this year off from football to focus on his personal issues.

Mathieu was kicked off the team after he reportedly violated the school's substance abuse policy. He checked into rehab shortly after he was dismissed from the team.

Mathieu rose up from relative obscurity to be named the top defensive player in college football last season.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

stu

look @ tats boys sweet lips. *** to daddy!!!

jl

Hide the bong!

The New Improved Sock Puppet

The owner of that face surely rode the short bus. What's his major?

Saints fan

I hope he can get his life back on track. Best of luck Tyrann. Ignore the haters, they just wish they were as talented as you.

Phishie from Philly

Chad Johnson must be Tyrann's roll model.
Phishie from Philly

MadCharles

Good Luck...

HARRY WONG

i think areal honey badger would have a higher gpa at lsu than tyann

curiousone

Best of luck in his recovery!

Virtual Insanity

I wish him well in his recovery, academics, and eventual return to football. It took a lot of guts to return to LSU and face this head on. I give the kid credit.

DrLoveToe

a Todd Marinovich of 2012?

Marvin

Got to be the dumbest kid around.

Tessa

Seriously? Some drugged out moron playing college level football is your idea of "celebrity" news? What has happened to TMZ????? Any Little League action you need to cover, maybe a kiddie jamboree?

John

TYRANN MATHIEU definitely has my vote of confidence. I admire what he is doing. Sometimes we have to take a couple of giant steps backwards before we can lunge forward with mucho gusto. He's a superstar athlete and I support him 100 percent. Amen.

John

TYRANN MATHIEU definitely has my vote of confidence. I trust that he will do very well. Sometimes we have to take a couple of giant steps backwards before we can lunge forward with mucho gusto. I admire his diligence. Amen.

SINCERE LOVE & RESPECT to a superstar athlete that I admire.