Griselda Blanco

'Queen of Cocaine' Shot

to Death in Colombia

9/4/2012 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Griselda Blanco Mmug shot
Griselda Blanco -- a notorious drug trafficker who ran the infamous Medellin Cartel -- was shot to death in Colombia yesterday.

According to reports, Blanco was hit in a drive-by ... when two men on motorcycles opened fire on the 69-year-old as she left a butcher's shop in Medellin ... striking her twice in the head.

Blanco's criminal exploits were documented in the 2006 flick, "Cocaine Cowboys" -- which showed how Griselda used violence to corner the coke market in Miami in the '70s and '80s.

At the height of her criminal career, Blanco reportedly pushed 3,400 pounds of booger sugar per month around the U.S. ... raking in $96 mil per year.

Blanco was convicted of 3 murders in the '80s ... but authorities believe she could be connected to as many as 240.

Two of Blanco's four kids were killed in drug-related violence ... as well as three of her husbands.

Ironically, Blanco is credited with popularizing the use of motorcycle-riders as hit-men.

Evan Benz

This world is changing in ways we'll never know.

thegreatamericandesertreturns

1920s hollywood had more dope than any time or place in the world and star Od`s were as comon as cornbread get real TIMMY ZZzzzzz

Lynne

Perfect example of justice.

@XtinaDaGr8

wowwww i loved Cocaine Cowboys...

KandyLicious

All children are innocent and I don't want my comment to be misunderstood but these people get what they deserved. Why would you do business with a crazy woman like her, they knew she didn't have no scruples and that's what happens. I bet she was happy to have died gun down and not in bed of old age or a terrible disease. If you are going to be bad and evil you have to be a 100% bitch crazy not 80%, people would have been playing her like a violin.... May you RIP after you pay your debt.

Rebecca

Good!!! Evil Bitch!!

Yup

Good. If anyone deserved to die a horrible death, it was this bitch. She was directly responsible for the horrifying violence & death that plagued south Florida during the 80's "Cocaine Cowboys" days. Also, seeing as how she singlehandedly wrecked the easy US cocaine markets for the Medellin cartel, I always wondered why she got a pass. But, looks like even the arrogant & narcissistic can't avoid their retribution. I hope this bitch burns in hell for all eternity...

Gatanegra

That is one angry looking man, man.

Gatanegra

That is one angry looking man, man.

really! really?

Cute tiny little butt on her chin..... (& a monster in her heart).

myopinion

Live by the sword! Die by the sword! I do not condone violence but she got what she deserved!

cekeste

Gross. I normally don't rejoice in death or make fun of a person's physical appearance, but good riddance to a disgusting looking person.

anon

Burn in Hell, puta Griselda Blanco

bjorn2020

I wonder how many contributors on these pages a) have an education above 3rd grade, and b) actually know what they are talking about from experience rather than rumor and innuendo. I'm not saying the comments aren't valid as opinions, but to state them as fact is somewhat disingenuous. I want to also applaud those of you, regardless of your content, actually used capitol letters and proper punctuation.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

I don't condone any kind of murder, but if I did, I 'd say this should have happened 30 years ago.

That woman had the "one in a million" talents and will to succeed in any kind of business she wanted to. She chose crime. Good riddance, bitch!.