Griselda Blanco

'Queen of Cocaine' Shot

to Death in Colombia

9/4/2012 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Griselda Blanco Mmug shot
Griselda Blanco -- a notorious drug trafficker who ran the infamous Medellin Cartel -- was shot to death in Colombia yesterday.

According to reports, Blanco was hit in a drive-by ... when two men on motorcycles opened fire on the 69-year-old as she left a butcher's shop in Medellin ... striking her twice in the head.

Blanco's criminal exploits were documented in the 2006 flick, "Cocaine Cowboys" -- which showed how Griselda used violence to corner the coke market in Miami in the '70s and '80s.

At the height of her criminal career, Blanco reportedly pushed 3,400 pounds of booger sugar per month around the U.S. ... raking in $96 mil per year.

Blanco was convicted of 3 murders in the '80s ... but authorities believe she could be connected to as many as 240.

Two of Blanco's four kids were killed in drug-related violence ... as well as three of her husbands.

Ironically, Blanco is credited with popularizing the use of motorcycle-riders as hit-men.

John

She died the way she lived.I read how she was steered into prostitution as a child,and eventually stole cars.All along being exsposed to vilence thru the drug trade.She lasted along time,but died like a criminal,rather than old age.Paublo Escabar was her intern.The movie will be coming ,but may just be a b movie.She tore Miami up,but the drug money built it up.It was the DEA,s training grounds.

Muttsy

Testing.

John

The Godmother is gone!

george jung

george jung is not died

vonder

Another s***bag burning in hell. This just made my day.

Straight Talkin Texan

Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!

nisiek

Saw Cocain Cowboys many times, cannot believe someone this evil lived as long as she did. She had a rough childhood but many children do, they don't go around killing everybody for little to no reason...I hope this gives her victims family some comfort. BTW, if she was in prison why was she going to a butcher shop??

soberandsmober

Holy ****, Griselda is dead. I CANNOT believe that woman made it this long!

Don Martin

Finally! Something on TMZ worth celebrating!

Thunder

I am so sorry that she din't suffer Oh well rot in hell.

Raine

Last week I watched an episode of Gangsters: America's Most Evil all about her! I was confused as to how and why she was out of prison??

furious cupcakes

I can't believe she lived for this long. Many people marked her for death. Her life story is INSANE.

Confessions

The Killin Of This BYTCH Was Fit For A Queen.

Barbarascy

What goes around comes around and sometimes lands right in your ass.....or your head in this case. This woman was no joke. She has probably killed hundreds of people. I am surprised that she lived as long as she did. Payback is real.

Spoch

On post #7, I mistakenly thought George Jung was dead. But to be called a "twit" by Duchess was uncalled for. I admit my mistake, but I am certainly not a twit. Sorry all !!