Griselda Blanco

'Queen of Cocaine' Shot

to Death in Colombia

9/4/2012 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Griselda Blanco Mmug shot
Griselda Blanco -- a notorious drug trafficker who ran the infamous Medellin Cartel -- was shot to death in Colombia yesterday.

According to reports, Blanco was hit in a drive-by ... when two men on motorcycles opened fire on the 69-year-old as she left a butcher's shop in Medellin ... striking her twice in the head.

Blanco's criminal exploits were documented in the 2006 flick, "Cocaine Cowboys" -- which showed how Griselda used violence to corner the coke market in Miami in the '70s and '80s.

At the height of her criminal career, Blanco reportedly pushed 3,400 pounds of booger sugar per month around the U.S. ... raking in $96 mil per year.

Blanco was convicted of 3 murders in the '80s ... but authorities believe she could be connected to as many as 240.

Two of Blanco's four kids were killed in drug-related violence ... as well as three of her husbands.

Ironically, Blanco is credited with popularizing the use of motorcycle-riders as hit-men.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Enrique_Escuela

Because of her, dust in the Bay tasted better than before. But nowhere to what it tasted in the 60s and 70s, or so I heard. I'm from Saipan btw...

tehheh

I want to dance on this pig's grave!

LadyKWalker

About time. She should have been dead long ago.

jtolbert62

burn in hell BITCH........

MARIO

I wanted to meet her she is and idol B.I.P R.I.P GODMOTHER

the_big_david101

**** her she is a murder but i got to say she was a legend in the drug world

devil88

I would have liked to have known her... I m sure she had dome good points in her life. The **** hole she was born to walking over dead bodies at 2 . Not as lucky as any of us.she found a better out than laying on her back for her... Somebody's gonna do it... But even though it was a criminal mind she was brilliant... Gotta give the lady her props . She did something right took 69 years to kill her...may she r I p ... God still loved her...😉

ScandalousA

ESTAN ATRAS Y NO AVANSAN.........LA MADRINA VIENE A QUEDARCE CON. TODO........THE GOD MOTHER ... WILL FOREVER BE LOVED ... S.I.P ..NO JOKE SHE WAS A BAD ASS WOMEN ... WHO IN LÍFE. IS CONVICTED OF 3 murders and is behind 240!!!!lLlllllaaaaa Madrina

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9