Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

tessa

He seemed a kind soul, may he rest in peace. Those who loved him have suffered a huge loss, I am sorry for your pain. {{gentle hugs}}

KC

Just because you don't tell the media doesn't mean it is secret. You need to get over yourself.

Miss Lily Skye

I feel so bad for her. You could see she was genuinely happy with him, and this all happened so suddenly. I couldn't imagine going through the same with my fiance.. I wouldn't be able to handle it. and 54 is still so young. Omerosa and his family are in my prayers

lisa

Poor Omarosa. No money for her.

Truth

I BET HE HAD AN ENLARGED HEART FROM THE ALL THE STEROID USAGE FROM HIS BODY BUILDING DAYS AS A BODYGUARD. I HEARD HE HAD HEART ISSUES BEFORE. BET THAT'S THE REASON. STEROIDS... NO DIFFERENT THAN COKE USE ON THE HEART IN THE LONG TERM. #TRUTH!!

Truth

AT LEAST HE SAVED HIMSELF A DIVORCE FROM OMAROSA. HAD HE SURVIVED THAT WOULD'VE BEEN ANOTHER HEART ATTACK. DAAAAAMMMN!! #TRUTH!!

John

This is so inappropriate...let the girl mourn for god's sake...no one needs to see people who are in pain...it's just sadistic...have some character.

CathyJ

I have to admit I did not care for Omerosa at all, but my heart does go out to her and Michael's family. Rest in Peace Michael.

Areader

How rude that the paparazzi can't respect Omarosa's privacy in her time of mourning. This is yet another example of why the paparazzi should be banned from airports!

Ih8Taxes

He was a good actor and I liked him. Sorry to see he passed away.

firebaby

she must feel so bad, not being at his side... but it always happens like this, they wait for their loved ones to leave and then they pass on....
RIP michael clarke duncan, you were taken from us too soon....

~♥~

I never cared for her at first, but she seem to have turned into a decent person since meeting and dating Michael. My heart goes out to her.

melissa

They seem like an unlikely pair. He was always smiling and seemed like such a kind hearted person and she, well, not so much. Glad she tried so hard to save him. But really, left town for an engagement? Hope it was important since he died while she was gone.

Roy Del Ray

I'm not a big Omarosa fan but my heart does go out to her upon hearing this news. I loved him in the Green Mile.

Susan58

My sincere condolences to Omerosa and both families involved. This is a real tragedy. You would hope that someone as majestic as Mr. Duncan could rise up and defeat any illness. God has a new angel by his side and hopefully in the coming days, he will help comfort all involved. My prayers to everyone. This is so sad.