Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

TheVolleyballGod

Uh oh I don't buy the engagement schtick look for this lady to sue his estate and try and steal money away from his real family

kronenburg

I think it's in rather poor taste to shove a camera in a grieving loved one's face. What did you expect her to do? Stop, smile, pose, tell a cute anecdote? That said, I'm absolutely dreading the inevitable that's to come - the book Omarosa will write about the "love of her life," her multiple appearances on GMA, Today, Katie, Ricki Lake, Jeff Probst, Steve Harvey, Dr. Phil, and Ellen to promote the piece and look longingly into the camera, then becoming a cast member on one of Dr. Drew's many rehab-oriented shows to deal with her grief and loss. And after about a year, we'll find her out with a new man, and all the magazines will have her splashed on their covers with headlines like, "Omaraosa Moves On" and "Omarosa Heals with New Love." Ugh. Omaros overload through 2013.

Joann

I'm sorry, I've seen too much of Omarosa to be convinced that she even has the capacity to love another human being. I'm sure Michael's family is thrilled papers were never signed on these two. What a mess that would have been.

Canefighter

He was a great guy both on the stage andf in his personal life. He will be missed. Take care Big Guy.

gossipgirl86

Nice TMZ...all up in her face while she greives someone that she lost just hours before. Ugh!

marehoop

Why is everyone's focus on Omarosa? You say something nice about him then trash the women he loved, so that means your still speaking ill of him. I don't know much about her, but I do know a man has did way to soon and a family is in mourning right now.

paulie daniel

im annoyed by this video, she asked for privacy, i dont need to see a woman who just lost her friend/lover crying at the airport. Let her have time. Cheese and rice.

scoopie

Omarosa earned a lot of criticism over the years, but all you can do is empathize for her at this point.

bdog118

I am pretty sure she killed him. I have watched her on seveal shows and she is down right evil. he was way too good for her. RIP

Kelly

She's crying because it was his lawyer calling her to report that he had passed away and she was not in his Will.

Roxy

So sorry Omerosa for your loss. Please be encouraged that you brightened Michael's life and last days, I know he and his family are eternally grateful, please know you and your dearly departed and families are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pjm

A gentle Giant! You will be missed! Prayers to Duncan family and Omarosa!

Murphman

Sorry you were so close to pay day. Now once again....YOUR'RE FIRED!!!!

Matt

Dear Michael Duncan you will be greatly missed by all those who you touched. You were ever so graceful as an actor and friendly to all you met in life. God is truly lucky to have an angel like you in heaven. I'll miss not seeing you on the big screen or on talk shows laughing it up. R.I.P Michael you'll never be forgotten.

Sincerely,