Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

iloura

Exactly why are you getting in the face of someone who just had a loved one die? Please, you guys try to act like you are real journalists, this is a perfect example of how you are human ****roaches. Give the woman peace and let her alone to her grief!

Barbara Ferguson

Omerosa, you are in our heart's and prayer, we are so sorry that Michael pass away , he was an awesome actor, and great guy. God bless you and be strong, let God , family and friends hold you up through this difficult time. We love you!

chris

Why would you leave town if your fiancee is in the hospital after a heart attack? You should have been at his side Omarosa. RIP Michael

avtac

Get your camera out of her face! How rude!

Cinderella

RIP and so sorry

Pam Smith

if he would have married her that would have been the biggest mistake of his life.
However he will be missed, he was a great man and actor.

Stephen Harte

I feel particularly bad about this as this is exactly what happened to me. I was in severe heart failure post infarct. Due to the things I did outlined in my book, especially using quality German made creatine pyruvate, I was able to finally recover from severe heart failure after a life threatening heart attack; this no thanks to the top doctors, stents, heart drugs, that were all completely useless. I was dying, really believe me. I used top quality creatine pyruvate made in Germany which was the only thing that saved my life. How this occurred is outlined in my 556 page 61 chapter book on Amazon Kindle titled: "The Cure for Heart Disease (and Cancer too)" by Stephen (Steve) Harte. I learned from Pax Beale after reading his biography. Pax felt so good using this same therapy as I did, after his doctor botched heart bypass and mortal heart failuire, that he then not only literally grew his heart back, but at age 63 became a world champion bodybuilder until he retired from competition at age 77. He is now 83 years old. This and the true peer reviewed scientific studies done in the US and worldwide are all outlined in my book which is priced next to nothing.. Nobody should die post heart attack any more. It is ridiculous. I need to at least tell others. This really works, and requires only a reasonable amount of determination. Even my vegetarian diet was useless. Only quality German pyruvate helped me, with chest exercises. My book explains and cites many medical studies supporting. Briefly met Duncan in Palm Springs in 2003. Super nice man. Regards, Stephen Harte, author.

BossLady31419

The Media has NO SHAME....really...bombarding her at the Airport.....how about giving the woman some time to grieve.....smh....

jojo

She wasn't there when he died. She's still the same cold heart.

BRI

I think it is disgusting you follow people around with cameras and harass them when they just lost someone they love. The media needs some compassion and decency!

BossLady31419

lisa

Very sad, he seemed like he was a nice guy. Sad for her as well---God Bless them for keeping it out of the media for so long and not trying to grab the spotlight. They must have really cared for each other!

Andria

I understand that she was not the nicest person but to flood her with paparazzi at this time is just classless. Shame on you TMZ.

harrycontests

I don't think you can get much lower than this. What has happened to our society when it has become acceptable to harass someone in mourning like that? I am so revolted by this that I'm going to have to stay away from TMZ for a while. Where is your humanity?

tgrfan42069

she sad cause she couldnt marry into the money