Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

Jerome Ennis

R.I.P. Michael.

Pandora

So sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you are going through; I lost my husband when he turned 40. He also was a big man 6'6 and close to 400lbs. We were married for 17 years. Words of encourgement after 11yrs of his passing it does get better just keep strong and always keep him in your heart he seems like he was a good hearted man.

jaguar02

I'm still curious as to the Exact cause of his death. I understand he had a heart attack back in July, but reports had mentioned his heart was beaating strong again. Did he have another heart attak while in the hospital, did he get pneumonia or an infection such as MRSA while in the hodpital, receive wrong dose of medicine. What Really Happened to this beautiful and talented man?

Freda Kelley

Omerosa, I really understand how you feel, I lost my fianc'e 03/05/2011 who was also well know Mark Adams from the group (Slave), we were to marry on his birthday 07/01/2011, Stay Strong, God Bless you. Freda Kelley Columbus.ohio. msfree2u@aol.com
__________

fuzz

RIP Michael. That being said, Omarosa has only showed herself to be a horrible, arrogant, attention-seeking person throughout her TV career. While losing Michael is a loss indeed, I wonder if this is not a little karma for all the negative this witch has brought into the world. Do I feel bad for her? Not in the least.

cokeandpilates

Omarosa lost the man she loves. She is grieving and heart broken.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal." --a headstone in Ireland.

Southpaw

Loved him on Two and a Half Men.....so young to pass on. RIP.

GRYFFINDOR!

This is so sad :( I feel terrible for her.

Rain

My heart breaks at our loss of a fabulous talented man. Prayers for the soul of Michael Clark Duncan may all his wishes now be fullfilled.

As for Omerosa... yikes.. time to find another meal ticket.

tt

This is such a sad story

Ollie

Michael is in a better place, no more suffering, he is at rest. My daughter met Michael and his sweet mother one morning, he bought coffee for both of them and some to eat too. My daughter was inpressed on how lovingly he treated his mother, so kind, gentle and soft spoken he was too. My daughter said she hopes to marry a man with traits much like Michael. Michael was a blessed man and there will never be another like him. Heaven just got back the angel they were missing. Rest in peace Michael.

Krelnn

I am distressed by some of the terrible comments left by uncaring persons.

This man was a good man and we should rermember him for his talants and kindness and extend our sympathies and support to his finance and family members....

Ernest De Brew

I do hate to see a couple broken apart permanently because of an untimely death.

May God bless her, Michael's soul, and their friends/relatives, and so on.

Every time a good person like Michael Clarke Duncan dies, the world just becomes darker and darker.

Kim

I am confused. She wasn't there when he died? Before I read that she left his room for few minutes and then he died. She was always there. Now you are saying she was out of town before he died and just returned?

johnnyg

He seemed to be just the guy you thought he was just being himself. A wonderful person. So early so sad.