Michael Clarke Duncan

Lack of Oxygen

Proved Fatal

9/4/2012 9:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904-tmz-michael-clark-duncan-3
The dramatic minutes Michael Clarke Duncan was without oxygen during his heart attack damaged his organs so badly ... he could never recover -- TMZ has learned.

Sources involved in Duncan's treatment tell us ... on July 13 the actor went without oxygen for more than 5 minutes before Omarosa was able to re-start his heart with CPR.  We're told 5 minutes is the outer limit before permanent damage is likely.

Our sources say Duncan's decline was slow but steady.  First it was a kidney problem, then the pancreas, then extremely high blood pressure, and so on, until his body just shut down.

It was especially hard on Michael's fiancee, Omarosa ... who was told time and time again by doctors that things were looking up and he would be released soon.  But every time Omarosa got assurance, something else went wrong.

Omarosa is now at Forest Lawn, making arrangements for the funeral ... and we're told she is inconsolable.

0904_remembering_michael_clarke_duncan_footer

Nichole K

:( So sad.. I hope these idiot paparazzi leave her and the family alone.. Really taking pics of her sobbing how rude and heartless can you be.

Areader

Based on what you've posted here TMZ does this mean in knowing Omarosa is inconsolable you'll leave her alone and not shove a camera in her face.

Or be tapping your sources to find out where she is so you can shove a camera in her face.

Show some respect TMZ!

don

the guy was always smiling. what a great way to live life.

Athina

I hope she gets something from his will. No doubt his family will try to shut her out even though she was with him through thick and thin and loved him to the end..

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

RIP, Michael Clark Duncan. You'll be greatly missed. :(

FLO

I hope she has it in writing that she is to make the funeral arrangements, if she is not named to do so then it has to be the next of kin,

SONIAFROMCYPRESSAVEBX

S.I.H.P MY BROTHER ..OMAROSA MY SISTER MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES YOU TWO WERE WONDERFUL TOGETHER LOVED IT AND YOU..

jenny

it would be nice if someone bought michaelclarkeduncan.com and created some sort of memorial.

LK

AT LEAST SHE TIRED 2 SAVE HIM UNLIKE THAT GOD AWFUL WOMAN WHO JUST LEFT RODNEY KING LAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL

Marcos

I'm so sad, he was great!!!

LK

HUMAN INSTINCT IS 2 HELP

saynotolies

I am so sad, and cried all night...even though I didn't know him personally, my heart aches...Omarosa, my heart goes out to you...I know how you feel, I just lost my mother and NO ONE can say anything to make it better...Only this, cry whenever you miss him and know that EVERYONE who loved him, their thoughts are with you! To Gary, my thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

tony

Who cares people die all the time every day every second, just cause he's an actor you people gotta make a big deal out of it like you knew him or he was something special or a god or something. You don't even know these so-called actors, you talk about them like you know them who cares, they're making millions off your ignorance anyway and most of them are going to hell anyway, I guarantee you that's where he is right now burning in hell begging for another chance, but it's too late for him.

LRT

Rest in Paradise Michael!

LadyN

Such a sad situation! He was saved only to die anyway which has to be so hard for his loved ones. And he was so young! My condolences to his family and friends.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments