Michael Clarke Duncan

Lack of Oxygen

Proved Fatal

9/4/2012 9:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904-tmz-michael-clark-duncan-3
The dramatic minutes Michael Clarke Duncan was without oxygen during his heart attack damaged his organs so badly ... he could never recover -- TMZ has learned.

Sources involved in Duncan's treatment tell us ... on July 13 the actor went without oxygen for more than 5 minutes before Omarosa was able to re-start his heart with CPR.  We're told 5 minutes is the outer limit before permanent damage is likely.

Our sources say Duncan's decline was slow but steady.  First it was a kidney problem, then the pancreas, then extremely high blood pressure, and so on, until his body just shut down.

It was especially hard on Michael's fiancee, Omarosa ... who was told time and time again by doctors that things were looking up and he would be released soon.  But every time Omarosa got assurance, something else went wrong.

Omarosa is now at Forest Lawn, making arrangements for the funeral ... and we're told she is inconsolable.

0904_remembering_michael_clarke_duncan_footer

MsSuburbia

This is so sad. He was a gorgeous man, and seemed like a good person. My heart goes out to Omarosa. He brought out a lovely side to her that we didn't see previously, and they seemed happy together.

KnuckleDragger

I'll miss Michael, as an actor, as I never knew him personally. At my age, 70, I've pretty much outlived everyone I've ever known. Paraphrased from Armageddon:

"You, Michael, you the man!"

Mike

Everyone I have spoken with is very saddened at the loss of such a wonderful person and actor. How sad
we had to lose such a good person and what a smile!
There are few celebrities that have made the impact this man made with his death. So many friends and co workers are mourning. God Bless
him and his family.

StraightFromTheHip

What a kind man. He always appeared happy! Such a sad and untimely loss.

Mike

it was with great sadness we heard about Michael's death. We have lost one of the good guys and a wonderful actor. Everyone was talking about him today
and without exception was extremely kind. God Bless him and his family.

rudynjudyjudy

Roids once again for his tone but bad for his over taxed heart.he got the great green mile but in person he was just one moreof the hollywood mobsters ran with clinton&camcam and tryed to play the underground artistes into the ground

rudynjudyjudy

john coffee is a easy role but he overplayed anyway and it worked to make the movie something that it was`nt but in person clinton billy and cam cam used him to play with the real artists lucky for them I never played back

rudynjudyjudy

plate glass windows looking out at eight years in the hole and cam cam and 8foot shows up to play place me there dodge dance run and smit&get the FN outa there in the snow fun dance but deadly woof packer`ss

rudynjudyjudy

play hard die young woof packer`SS

thegreatamericandesertreturns

THUG ie4 hollywood ~SS since B4 he started

lbs

MCD you inspired the youth & by the worlds eyes found a great soul to love for the rest of your eternal days...see you on the other side...RIP

And thats the truth

My Mom has Sepsis and I did not know it until after she died in ICU in January. The doctors and nurses never really gave me the truth of her condition. If I ever have to go through that again, I am going to be a complete b/i/t/c/h and demand the truth.

rayofsunshine

Omarosa recently lost her brother in a tragedy late last year. Now she is dealing with losing the love of her life. My prayers are with her and Mr. Duncan's family.

Cheryl A.

Rest in Peace, Sir.

Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

YouDontSay