Michael Clarke Duncan

Lack of Oxygen

Proved Fatal

9/4/2012 9:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904-tmz-michael-clark-duncan-3
The dramatic minutes Michael Clarke Duncan was without oxygen during his heart attack damaged his organs so badly ... he could never recover -- TMZ has learned.

Sources involved in Duncan's treatment tell us ... on July 13 the actor went without oxygen for more than 5 minutes before Omarosa was able to re-start his heart with CPR.  We're told 5 minutes is the outer limit before permanent damage is likely.

Our sources say Duncan's decline was slow but steady.  First it was a kidney problem, then the pancreas, then extremely high blood pressure, and so on, until his body just shut down.

It was especially hard on Michael's fiancee, Omarosa ... who was told time and time again by doctors that things were looking up and he would be released soon.  But every time Omarosa got assurance, something else went wrong.

Omarosa is now at Forest Lawn, making arrangements for the funeral ... and we're told she is inconsolable.

0904_remembering_michael_clarke_duncan_footer

Deborah

Omarosa, So sorry for your losses. Praying for you and remember Michael loved you. Find your strength in that. God Bless.

Deborah

So very sorry to hear this news. I loved this actor, he was great in all his movies. The world lost a great one when we lost Michael. God's blessings to all you left behind. RIP my friend.

JimmydeansausageCo.

Rest his soul, will be missed.

But Omarosa? YIKES!

AustinSchartau

Rest In Peace Michael!

Wayne E. Barrett

Never done this before, but enjoyed his talent a lot, so I thought I would like to say how work was always enjoyable. Would watch anything he was a part of.

dd

Oh and I thought she was such a HERO.......

Harry

RIP Big man You will be missed.Thanks for all the joy you gave us and the laughs you brought to our lives.

nhisgrace

loved that smile... rest...michael clark duncan.

Raejean

This is just incredibly sad and I'm sure Omarosa is crushed to think it's all been for naught and hating on herself because she didn't "save" him. If she loved him and he loved her, that reality show act was just that, and I hope she will come to some kind of peace, knowing she did all she could to prevent his untimely passing.

rhonda

My prayer's and blessing's go out to you friend's and family. I know what you are going through.

I lost my 21 year old son "TY" on friday : July 13, 2012.

my prayer's. to you.....

Miriam L. Wright

NOT SO FAST OMOROSA!! YOU ARE NOT HIS WIFE AND THOSE ARRANGEMENTS ARE NOT FOR YOU TO MAKE!!! SLOW YOUR ROLL!

opinion

Where is MCD'S family

Rosie

I was very sad to hear about Duncan. He seemed like he was a gentle giant. My condolences to his mom and family/

PAUL CASONE

WE ALL MISS HIM ON TV ALL THE SHOWS AND MOVES HE WAS IN HE WAS THE BEST

christy

wow. this has made me see how small i really am. i comment on this board about silly, mindless, crap, and apparently dont even give a crap about so called celebs death, UNTIL now. for whatever reason, i REALLY liked this guy, and jeeze, how he died, how young, and how just freaking terrible, it boggles my mind. Dude, omg, i will miss u so much. 2 ur family and friends, sooo very much sorrow and prayers coming from me 2 u,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments