Michael Clarke Duncan

Lack of Oxygen

Proved Fatal

9/4/2012 9:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904-tmz-michael-clark-duncan-3
The dramatic minutes Michael Clarke Duncan was without oxygen during his heart attack damaged his organs so badly ... he could never recover -- TMZ has learned.

Sources involved in Duncan's treatment tell us ... on July 13 the actor went without oxygen for more than 5 minutes before Omarosa was able to re-start his heart with CPR.  We're told 5 minutes is the outer limit before permanent damage is likely.

Our sources say Duncan's decline was slow but steady.  First it was a kidney problem, then the pancreas, then extremely high blood pressure, and so on, until his body just shut down.

It was especially hard on Michael's fiancee, Omarosa ... who was told time and time again by doctors that things were looking up and he would be released soon.  But every time Omarosa got assurance, something else went wrong.

Omarosa is now at Forest Lawn, making arrangements for the funeral ... and we're told she is inconsolable.

0904_remembering_michael_clarke_duncan_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

linda blackburn

we met mike at a golden globe award partys my son is in wheel chair and he made a point of greeting him he is a great man my prayers are with you amorosaand michael the world has lost akind and wonderful human being RSP my son matthew Wood really had a great freind

Susan Hamm

Its so sad...my step daughter had overdosed and it took 45 mins. to get her breathing and heart beating again...she hung on for about another month...but sadly due to the 45 mins to get her responding again she was brain dead. Its a shame that with all the technology that the medical system can't help t his from occuring...rip we will miss you and thoughts and prayers to his loved ones and friends he left behind.

violet

its really great loss to the hollywood industry .may his soul rest internal peace.condolences to his family relatives an friends we will mis u alot i duncan

col

R.I.P. You will be missed.

systasoulja

Really sad and unfortunate for loved ones and new baby by Armorosa...

jokerchick

I sincerely wish his family and Omarosa the best

NYJ

Cannot STAND Omarosa, but I gotta feel for her here

Chelsey

He always had such a big smile on his face!! He will never be forgotten one of the most kind hearted actors there are in the business! That is so hard to find! You never heard anything bad about him, not once. What a tragedy... :(

Pain

Great actor. Was looking forward to his next season or movie. Too many people trash talk about what they think a person is but this is suppose to be for his memory don't tarnish it making half minded comments about others. You'r in a better place and we will all understand the pain you went through at some point in our lives. My respects to him, his family and loyal fans. R.I.P MCD †

bubbles46

Omorosa this may be one of the hardest tests of your faith that you go through. Don't lose your faith. This is the time to show God that you really now know the true of meaning of following him and being a pastor. Michael is fine now and you came together for a reason. You will meet again. Be strong.

1981

Micheal you will be missed True Alcornite We Lov U Micheal

JASMINE GUY

courtesy call
courtesy call

Helene

So very sorry for Michael Clark Duncan and his family. Unfortunately my family and I just went thru the same thing. My husband passed 6 days after suffering a cardiac arrest lasting according to to the doctors 6 minutes. May they both rest in peace.

Laurel Stanley

I have yet to watch the whole movie.. I don't have the dvd so I have to wait until it's on T.V. What I am wondering is.... what was the name of his "mouse" friend?? Mr. Jingles rings a bell (no pun intended) but I'm not sure...A very good actor Mr. Duncan was especially in this movie..May you rest in Peace. Perhaps..one day.. we'll meet..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6