William Shatner

Sued for Allegedly

Harassing the Help

9/4/2012 3:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904_william_shatner_article_tmzWilliam Shatner purposely "harassed and berated" a former employee ... all because the employee refused to sign a waiver after getting injured on the job -- this according to new legal docs.

Oscar Alfaro and his wife Delmy filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior court today -- claiming they both worked for Shatner for twenty years. He was a handyman. She was a housekeeper.

In the docs, Oscar claims he was injured while working at the actor's Studio City home ... but when Shatner wanted him to sign a document to release him from financial responsibility ... Oscar refused.

Oscar claims that as a result of his refusal ... the actor and his wife retaliated against him by harassing Oscar and his wife to the point where they were both forced to quit their jobs.

Oscar and his wife claim they suffered humiliation, embarrassment, and mental anguish in addition to the loss of earnings.

They're suing for unspecified damages.

val

****ner was elways an *******. Ask people who got Dobermans from him in Burbank. He was always rude and churlish. Now I will only write I thought it was too coincidental the very evening he came home after a trip, his wife was found dead in the pool. Unlike Natalie Wood who was an angel but never swam, his wife was wicked in the water and swam like a swam. Burbank being the film capitol of the world didn't really pursue what happened and took it for granted she was drunk or overdosed or something like that. The day he came home his champion swimmer wife was dead .... hmmmm... that's my query... and the police wouldn't have questioned him either.

Bambi

****ner seems like a real ahole.

Regina

Somehow I believe this. His costars have had problems with him in the past on Star Trek. Jimmy Doohan absolutely hated the mans guts. This doesn't really surprise me all that much,

Bob

Can I have one of the jobs they lost? I'm a hard worker.

Me

I just love how many people assume that the celebrity is in his right and that the twenty years long employee is just a leech. So typical and conditioned.

valentina

I hope they get a good chunk of money out of this douche. If he got injured on his property like it or not he is responsible and he should have just taken him to the Dr and been done with it. Worked with them for over 20 years and this is the way douche lord treats his employees? DOUCHE BAG!

Astronut

THE NEEDS OF THE ONE... IN THIS CASE, ****NER... OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE MANY. SERIOUSLY, I LOVE ME SOME TOS TREK BUT ****NER AS A HUMAN BEING?? HE'S NOTORIOUS FOR BEING A D*CK. NO EXAGGERATION.

Astronut

GEE, I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULDN'T TYPE S H A T N E R ON HERE WITHOUT BEING CENSORED... I MEAN, REALLY?? THE WORD " S H A T"??? HOW STUPID IS THAT?

Astronut

AND TO ANY ONE OF YOU STUPID MOTHERF*CKERS WHO ARE SIDING WITH WILLIAM S HATNER REGARDING THIS LAWSUIT, I HAVE THIS TO SAY: HOW CAN YOU DEFEND SOMEONE WHO IS ATTEMPTING TO GET YOU TO SIGN A WAIVER **** AFTER **** YOU ARE INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT????????? I MEAN, ARE YOU THAT NAIVE?? REALLY??

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Newsflash: Captain Jerk is an a$$hole!

(It's not as if dozens of people haven't been saying that for decades. Ask the victims of his "directorial efforts" about his lovable, charming personality on and off the set. Seriously, ask them!)

THOMAS W CORDER

The dead cat on ****ners head is causing him to mistreat others!

cari

****ner is a blowhard and a douche. His fandom is unwarranted because he can't stand his fans. Saw him at Big Apple Con last year and he was a complete ass and didn't want to be there. For a photo op with him (for which I'm sure he was paid well) everyone had to stand a foot or two away from him while he sat there with a grumpy 'I have gas' face on. It was laughable. I was waiting to have a photo op with Adam West..who by the way, was the nicest, warmest celeb I have ever met. Again...****ner is a douchebag.

Dino

This is the first time that I heard that ****ner had an Oscar.

Brian

****ner is incredibly generous. His notoriety is so vast, that he is constantly on the receiving end of being taken advantage of. Until you are in his shoes, you've no place to judge.

Dayna

WOW I can't believe how most of you are willing to pummel ***ner without hearing what really happened. And to say he killed his wife is absurd, your the *******s for saying such a horrible thing.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments