'Love & Hip Hop' Star K. Michelle

I Stand By My Story ...

Memphitz Beat Me

9/5/2012 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0905-love-k-michelle-memphitz-getty
"Love & Hip Hop" star K. Michelle isn't scared of the defamation lawsuit filed by her ex Memphitz Wright -- telling TMZ, she stands behind her story 100% ... that the music producer beat her during their relationship.

K. Michelle tells us, "I¹ve always been told that the truth shall set you free. I stand behind my story 100%. I came on the 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' show mainly because I wanted to give a voice and bring light to a very serious issue."

"I am very grateful to VH1 and Monami Ent. for the opportunity to tell my story, and touch lives worldwide ... I look forward to having my day in court and finally having the truth of my story confirmed in a court of law."

She adds, "Hopefully others will not have to go through this and then have their stories challenged to this degree because people now want to try to salvage whatever reputation they may have had."

We're told K. has since lawyered up with attorney Matt Middleton and plans to fight Memphitz in court.

Memphitz has sued K. Michelle over comments she made on the "L&HH" premiere this season, when she referred to an unnamed record producer who "beat her ass" during their relationship ... a thinly-veiled reference to Memphitz.

090512_love_hiphop_launch
Memphitz has denied he ever laid a hand on her and wants millions in damages.

Dan Frederiksen

Stand by for comment from Michael Richards

ugh..really?

what I find more believable is that she started popping off at the mouth and they beat each other.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I ALMOST feel bad for Memphitz. I'm convinced he's only filing this suit because he doesn't want to confess to his wife or the public (or Lil Wayne) that he beat K. Michelle. She is always talking about his violent text messages that she still has. He is forcing her to make them public and in the end everyone will find out anyway. And how is he suing Viacom when him and his wife also have a Viacom reality show on BET? Is he filing because their show was cancelled when the allegations that he beat and robbed K. Michelle's recording budget came to light?

Proud2bBlack

I believe her. Unlike Evelyn's story.

Phishie from Philly

And the academy award for worst actress goes to K Michelle.
Phishie from Philly

Linda3223

where is the police report, why she want to cry foul about it now, she has nothing to back it up

Vanessa

she can sing I wish her dabesteesst #teamKmichelle

Eff Memphitz

Memphitz is just after a settlement anyways broke bastard

kola

she is a liar because if she had been beaten tennessee policemen would have locked him up without anything being said. this bitch wants everybody to feel sorry for her, because she is a wanna be artist, and couldn't sell a hit if they gave her a bat. check your e-mail

kitnplayn

We don't need you to "give a voice and bring light to a very serious issue". Rhianna already did that. And she had proof.

Sultry

This just confirms my comments regarding the Chad Johnson fiasco and his past with DV. We don't know how many other women have experienced the violence of these abusive men because it takes such courage for the women to come forward and be condemned, ridiculed, called liars, and looked down upon as if they are the weak and dysfunctional one. You go K Michelle!! More power to you for withstanding the attacks against you for coming forward with your history of abuse. The women lashing out at K Michelle ought to be ASHAMED of themselves. Women against Women... NOT Hot! I saw a clip of one of the girls on the show telling us that she didn't believe her. She showed no empathy and was quite harsh in her response.
My dear ladies... When another woman comes to you to tell you she has been abused you should listen and be supportive, period. If you don't believe them let the courts decide. Only a cold piece of work would think less of a woman who says she has been raped, beat, or restrained in some way. Its NOT the woman. Its the MAN who has the problem. Until you know what has happened you shouldn't make light of the situation. Let the Judge and the Good Lord be the Judge. You just listen and shut up if you can't say or do anything positive. Now... How bout that!?

DaveT

Did they arrest Mary J Blige yet for bloodying her husband's nose with a punch at Club M2 yet?
Has anyone boycotted her?
Did her career go down the tubes as a result of her punching her husband...who never laid a hand on her before or after the punch...and does she have to jump through hoops trying to prove herself to the public to save her career?
Did the media team up on Mary J Blige and attack her reputation all over the country?
Did Robin Roberts wait a couple years then sabotage Blige in an interview to humiliate her in front of millions of viewers?
The only thing messed up about this K Michelle and Memphiz situation is that, Memphiz has to run in circles trying to prove himself to the public and save his career, based on nothing more than random accusations.
Because he's a man.

systasoulja

Memphitz = Woman beater? If so his wife Toya needs to be careful because if it's in there it will eventually come out. If it isn't true K Michelle would need to be sued. But, she should have called the police and filed a report /:

Pelon1

sometimes we all have to take a beating- via Goodfellas

TheReal