Michael Clarke Duncan

Private Invitation-Only

Memorial Scheduled

9/5/2012 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0905-tmz-michael-clark-duncan-2
A private invitation-only memorial for Michael Clarke Duncan has been scheduled for next week, the actor's rep tells TMZ.

According to the rep, the memorial will take place on Monday led by famed preacher Bishop Charles Blake. Dr. H. Beecher Hicks will be doing the eulogy.

So far, no word on who'll be attending.

A public viewing of MCD's casket is scheduled for Sunday at the Hall of Liberty in Forest Lawn in L.A. between 9AM and 2PM.

As we reported, Duncan passed away Monday after suffering a myocardial infarction in July. He was 54.

0718_remembering_michael_clarke_footer

WiddoMouse

I hope it will be a dignified service. He was a class act and deserves a proper ceremony and eulogy.

Phishie from Philly

I still can't believe he's dead. Too soon, too soon.
Phishie from Philly

cass

I'm with Phishie... It's just not sinking in yet.

Different Rules Apply

Rest in peace, you will not be forgotten Mr. John Coffey, like the drink, just not spelled the same. Awesome actor!!

my moore

I have just learned the local ABC affiliate in NYC put up actor Terry Crews photo when reporting on the death Michael Clarke Duncan and ABC in Buffalo NY, put up singer Seal's photo.
.OK all Big Black MEN ...Do Not Look Alike.!!!
It isn't like these men are NOT current in the news!!!!
Terry Crews is starring on two shows currently..HBO's New Room (which is ironic given this situation) and NBC's Reality Show "Stars Earn Strips" that just ended on Sunday..and even if they didn't ever see "THE GREEN MILE" Michael was the star of the Fox Show "The Finder" this last TV season.
And as for Seal..com on all they had to do was look on your website...you have posted photos of Hedi and Seal for the last 4 days.
I find this to be LAZY unprofessional journalism and I think both stations should issue a official apologize to both families...It's down right DIS-REPECTFUL!!!!!

Lynda Jones-owings

You will be missed!

John

He better get a star on the walk ..in a good spot.. his performance in the green mile alone should be good enough reason..

Gi-Gi

May GOD continue to bless and protect your family.
GOD makes no mistakes!! He just called you home . You will be missed.

J

He was great as Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction.

Jacqui

He was a great actor, and he seemed like a really nice guy. He will definitely be missed.

...out of curiosity, TMZ, why do you write Myocardial Infarction for MCD, but heart attack for others? You do know they're the same thing right?

Elizabeth Alan

He will be missed. God bless you Mr. Duncan.

Ravenwolf

RIP MCD...way too soon.

EVG

RIP

Stephen Harte

I feel particularly bad about this as this is exactly what happened to me. I was in severe heart failure post infarct. Due to the things I did outlined in my book, especially using quality German made creatine pyruvate, I was able to finally recover from severe heart failure after a life threatening heart attack; this no thanks to the top doctors, stents, heart drugs, that were all completely useless. I was dying, really believe me. I used top quality creatine pyruvate made in Germany which was the only thing that saved my life. How this occurred is outlined in my 556 page 61 chapter book on Amazon Kindle titled: "The Cure for Heart Disease (and Cancer too)" by Stephen (Steve) Harte. I learned from Pax Beale after reading his biography. Pax felt so good using this same therapy as I did, after his doctor botched heart bypass and mortal heart failuire, that he then not only literally grew his heart back, but at age 63 became a world champion bodybuilder until he retired from competition at age 77. He is now 83 years old. This and the true peer reviewed scientific studies done in the US and worldwide are all outlined in my book which is priced next to nothing.. Nobody should die post heart attack any more. It is ridiculous. I need to at least tell others. This really works, and requires only a reasonable amount of determination. I Briefly met Duncan in Palm Springs in 2003. Super nice man. Regards, Stephen Harte, author.

Marsy

he was one of the most loved actors among the public, (rare these days) and they are having his memorial private. what a shame.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments