Simon Cowell

'The Voice' is

Afraid of Britney

9/6/2012 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904_simoncowell_xfactor_Article
Simon Cowell is furious at NBC for trying to sandbag next week's premiere of "X Factor" by adding a Wednesday installment of "The Voice" ... declaring, "This is a cynical, cold-hearted, unprofessional way of doing business."

Simon tells TMZ, he thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with NBC ... that "The Voice" would run Mondays and Tuesdays, and "X Factor" would run Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX ... so fans could watch both.

Simon says NBC is turning on its own audience, forcing them to choose between Christina Aguilera's show and Britney Spears' new show. And speaking of them, Simon says, "Britney's not going to appreciate the fact that Christina -- who has been a bit of a rival -- isn't allowing Britney to have a night of her own."

Simon tells TMZ, he believes the move is as personal as it gets, because "The Voice" came to England and went head-to-head with Simon's show, "Britain's Got Talent" and got its ass kicked.

Simon says, "These guys have really got it in for us. It's nothing short of dirty tricks."

Cowell adds, "The reason they've done this is they don't want people to see 'X Factor' because they've heard how good the series is. They don't want their audience to see Britney Spears. They don't want their audience to see Demi Lovato."

Simon says he doesn't think Britney knows yet, but when she finds out "She's going to be devastated because she's put her heart and soul into this."

As for Cowell, he says he's not scared, adding, "I can't bear it that the network is playing political games and playing with the audience."

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

luvmetender

Note to Simon: Stop being delusional.

jc

I am sooooo over simon Cowell

Regina

Boy this is the pot calling the kettle black. He is seriously arrogant if he actually believes that they had a "gentleman's agreement". A gentleman is NOT what I would first think of when I hear the name Simon Cowell. He's as cutthroat as they come. He's just scared that the other talent shows will kick HIS butt.
Really, who ever heard of him before Idol??? Nobody over here anyway. He may be a big shot over across the pond but I know of NOBODY that he ACTUALLY produced music for. Name some names, Simon. !!!!

Carly O

I never watched The Voice because it was clear from the beginning that the show is more about the judges than it is about any possible talent. I enjoyed X Factor last year, especially Josh Kracjik. What saddens me the most about X Factor is...$5 million and where is Melanie Amaro? A full year later, and we hear virtually nothing from her. Too many singing shows now, not enough talent, and they are way too much about the judges. My personal opinion, of course. I think, this fall, I will be reading good books by the fire, lounging with my dogs, and let the ex-Mousketeers scratch their bleach-blonde eyes out of each other heads. Because these shows are not producing meaningful stars.

Studley Buck

Simon is a British jerk, like Piers Morgan. Britney rocks!

Sherry

Scared, Simon? I think so. The Voice is a better show...period.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11