'The Voice'

Makes Big Move

To Kill 'X Factor'

9/5/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0905_VOICE_XFACTOR_COMPOSITE
NBC
and "The Voice" are making a ballsy move to put an end to "X Factor" -- the network just pulled a last minute sneak attack ... rearranging its programming schedule next week, so "The Voice" goes head-to-head with its main competition.

NBC just announced it would be adding a third episode to next week's line-up, scheduled to air Wednesday night -- at the exact same time "X Factor" is scheduled to premiere.

The first two episodes of "The Voice" will air Monday and Tuesday nights.

NBC had previously scheduled "America's Got Talent" for the Wednesday prime time spot, but the network must be feeling confident in the new season of "The Voice" ... so it made a quick swap.

In case you didn't know, tensions between the two shows have been running pretty high -- "X Factor" creator Simon Cowell recently directed a couple "X Factor" rejects to audition for "The Voice." Burn.

So far, no word from "X Factor" honchos.

sss

Simon made a good decision by choosing Britney and Demi. Everyone wants to see Britney break down and all these little Demi fans will be watching . The Voice is just desperate

LCS27

I'll watch The Voice and X-Factor. Since it isn't Idol, old fat show, its OK for me.

Sally

It will never happen. The voice has seen its big day and they are on their way out.

LarryP

Christina Aguilera is the dead weight on The Voice, the main reason I stopped watching early in season 2. Next dead weight is Ceelo Green. Cheap theatrics, amateur level and all-around insincerity. Both could be replaced by inflatable toys.

The voice started with an amazing amount of talent and wasted little time on personalities. But then came season 2 and personalities became too important. Ceelo and Christina proved they got lucky to be on the show.

Bottom line is this: what is the point of talent shows when the winners almost always end up forgotten?

PG

Simon Cow is just as irritating as the KockROACHian family.

TimP

Most ppl have a DVR and DVRs can record 2 channels at once. This might of worked in the 70s. But we been time switching with VCR and now DVRs for decades

kitnplayn

This show sucks anyway. I can't even get through an entire show of the voice.

Truth

BOO-HOO, CRY ME A F*CKIN RIVER... SIMON IS JUST A JEALOUS C*NT. WHAT, DID NBC SIGN A LEGAL AGREEMENT NOT TO APPEAR ON ANY DAY THEY WANT?? GROW UP COWELL. NETWORK TV HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. PUT UP YOUR BETTER RATED SHOW TO MATCH AGAINST ANOTHER NETWORK'S NEWBIE SHOW. SOMETIMES IT'S WORKS SOMETIMES IT DOESNT. COWELL HAS A F*CKIN SHORT MEMORY. XFACTOR (US) HAS BEEN TANKING IN RATINGS SINCE IT DEBUTED LAST YEAR. ISNT THAT THE REASON FOR THE SWITCH IN JUDGES AND HOST WHO ALL GOT CANNED LAST SEASON?? WAKE THE F*CK UP AND SNIFF SOME COCAINE. GEEEZ... #TRUTH!!

WhyNot

They may wish they hadn't done that. Too many people are tired of reality tv, as is shown by many comments. People are tired of networks playing politics and being cut throats. We watch tv to be entertained not challenged to 'pick one over the other'.
I will watch X factor, even if I don't like it, which I don't know yet, I haven't watched it; but I will just to show NBC I am tired of the ratings games, the slime, sleaze and lowlife mentality they adopted.

WhyNot

What networks seemed to have forgotten is that THEY do not dictate our success. WE dictate theirs. And if we don't like you, we won't watch you, and that means.... profit margins slide and they go belly up. THEY should be doing their best to please us, not piss us off.

unicorn40

I hate Christina Aguileraand i hope X Factor kicks their ass again. i don't know why Christina Aguilera has any fans at all.

jvantheterrible

These are indeed karaoke shows...but I've had the distinct pleasure of meeting Blake Shelton more than 4x, and I will watch him - and Cee Lo and Adam and Christina - WAYYY before I'd watch anything else. I don't do reality shows, per se...but for Blake? Anything is possible. 'Nuff said.

jvantheterrible

I've had the opportunity to meet Blake Shelton 4+ times over the years. I do NOT watch reality TV...and yes, this is Karaoke BS...BUT!!! I would gladly wait 24 hours to watch "The Voice" online - cancelled cable 2 years ago b/c I can't afford that BS - before I would ever give Britney Spears or Simon Cowell or anyone else associated w/that big money machine ANY sort of nod with regard to ratings. Just saying.

Joao

Simons says... "Lick my boots"
TMZ: lick, lick, lick...

Chase

I'll watch X-Factor our of curiosity. Have never watched Voice, and never will, because I can't stand looking at X-Tina's ugly face. She can sing, too bad it's attached to that face and personality. These shows are all about one upping the other w/judges and couldn't be LESS about talent.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments