'The Voice'

Makes Big Move

To Kill 'X Factor'

9/5/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0905_VOICE_XFACTOR_COMPOSITE
NBC
and "The Voice" are making a ballsy move to put an end to "X Factor" -- the network just pulled a last minute sneak attack ... rearranging its programming schedule next week, so "The Voice" goes head-to-head with its main competition.

NBC just announced it would be adding a third episode to next week's line-up, scheduled to air Wednesday night -- at the exact same time "X Factor" is scheduled to premiere.

The first two episodes of "The Voice" will air Monday and Tuesday nights.

NBC had previously scheduled "America's Got Talent" for the Wednesday prime time spot, but the network must be feeling confident in the new season of "The Voice" ... so it made a quick swap.

In case you didn't know, tensions between the two shows have been running pretty high -- "X Factor" creator Simon Cowell recently directed a couple "X Factor" rejects to audition for "The Voice." Burn.

So far, no word from "X Factor" honchos.

al

The Voice sucks. No competition for Xfactor

Spicy mag

First season of the X factor was great.

Max

It’ll be interesting to see who wins the ratings battle, but I don’t know if The Voice wants to get Simon angry. I’m glad I turned on the PrimeTime Any Time feature on my Hopper so I keep up with all these fall premieres. My DVR now automatically records three hours primetime coverage on the big four networks, which will help me see my favorite shows when I’m working the night shift at Dish. I just wonder if The Voice will continue to step into The X Factor’s territory since that might create more drama than the contestants!

Keebs

I'll be watching The Voice! I just love, love, love, the panel of judges! I mean, Christina Aguilera is the voice of our generation, Adam Levine is super hot on the radio right now, and very current! Furthermore, you can't get any better than Cee Lo Green, and Blake Shelton! Love those dudes! And did I mention how great it is to see Carson Daly in front of the cameras again? It just works! I respect the show very much! I believe the talent is great! And I'm excited to see it back on air Let's do this! The Voice all the way baby!!!!!

Keebs

The female judges are bitches. Who is that girl sitting next to Britney, and Britney took offense because she's a joke! I know her for her great videos, dance moves, and media attention....but that voice is no bueno.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3