Gabrielle Giffords

Leads INSPIRING Pledge of Allegiance at DNC

9/6/2012 5:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gabrielle Giffords just appeared on stage at the Democratic National Convention and led the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance ... and the crowd erupted in an emotionally charged applause.

Giffords -- who is still recovering from the gunshot wound she suffered to her head during a shooting while meeting with constituents at a supermarket in Tucson in January 2011 -- was escorted to the stage by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

While Giffords had some trouble enunciating some of the words, she finished strong ... sporting a big smile while the crowd cheered her on.

After she finished, the crowd chanted her name ... with some people shedding proud tears.

Check out the clip -- pretty awesome.

Conky

My favorite part of her speech was when she asked if anyone knew where her "baseball" was. Simply touching.

bob

A great and touching moment totally ruined by her being escorted by the caustic liar DWS.

char

Glad to see Gabby is doing well and coming along in her rehab after the shooting but having Wasserman Schultz escort her on stage killed the moment for me. After all the big mouth Debbie has been spewing lies at the DNC she turns my stomach.

dfgdfgd

woot woot

Ryan

I wonder if she took out the word "God".

Karen

Would have been better if she was with her NASA husband other than serial liar D W Schultz the DNC needs a new PR firm

Captain Obvious

This is the kind of stuff you should always post...must better than your typical pursuit in making people with no redeeming qualities celebrities.

mollymat

It's great and all but most people with those type of brain injuries never recieve the sort of care that she got. It's sad knowing how much can really be done but it often never happens. He treatment is one just for the rich.

GoodOnPaper

does she even know she's a democrat? enough. they should be ashamed of using her for props.

Brian

Obama is so desparate he will whore out that poor lady just for a much needed media moment.

taz

"She had trouble enunciating some of the words" I didn't know you morons knew what "enunciate" meant. She was shot in the freakin' head, it's a miracle she's still here. TMZ, always can count on you for the tactless comments. Gabby was awesome. Just her walking out to the floor and delivering the pledge was proof of how hard she had to fight to regain some of what she lost.

Jim

F A N T A S T I C !!!

Lola

The miracle here is the medical care system in the United States, the old one, the one that was in place when she was shot. People from around the globe come here for our excellent and advanced medical care. Looks to be a thing of the past, with doctors quitting and new ones not signing up for the arduous training required. '

I am surprised these liberals say the pledge of allegiance, with all the efforts to take it out of schools and public events. Can't open city council meeting in a city in the USA with the pledge of allegiance to the country.

I am curious as to what has happened to the other people who were shot when Giffords was shot. She was not the only one injured. Weren't some killed? Yet no one ever talks about them.

Number_One!

"I'll close Guantanamo."
“I will remove earmarks from pork projects before I sign any bill.”
“I promise 100 percent transparency in my administration.”
“I promise no new taxes on a family making less than $250K a year.”
“I will allow five days of public comment before I sign any bills.”
"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today...."
“I will end income tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”
"I will bring all of our troops home within one year."
“I’ll put the health care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table.”
"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
“I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."
“I promise that I support traditional marriage-1 man-1 woman."
"Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."
“…today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office.”
"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."
"I'll unite the people of this great country."

Number_One!

"I'll close Guantanamo."
“I will remove earmarks from pork projects before I sign any bill.”
“I promise 100 percent transparency in my administration.”
“I promise no new taxes on a family making less than $250K a year.”
“I will allow five days of public comment before I sign any bills.”
“I will end income tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”
"I will bring all of our troops home within one year."
"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."
“I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."
“I promise that I support traditional marriage-1 man-1 woman."
"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."
"I'll unite the people of this great country."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments