Gabrielle Giffords

Leads INSPIRING Pledge of Allegiance at DNC

9/6/2012 5:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gabrielle Giffords just appeared on stage at the Democratic National Convention and led the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance ... and the crowd erupted in an emotionally charged applause.

Giffords -- who is still recovering from the gunshot wound she suffered to her head during a shooting while meeting with constituents at a supermarket in Tucson in January 2011 -- was escorted to the stage by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

While Giffords had some trouble enunciating some of the words, she finished strong ... sporting a big smile while the crowd cheered her on.

After she finished, the crowd chanted her name ... with some people shedding proud tears.

Check out the clip -- pretty awesome.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Number_One!

"I'll close Guantanamo."
“I will remove earmarks from pork projects before I sign any bill.”
“I promise 100 percent transparency in my administration.”
“I promise no new taxes on a family making less than $250K a year.”
“I will allow five days of public comment before I sign any bills.”
"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today...."
“I will end income tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”
"I will bring all of our troops home within one year."
“I’ll put the health care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table.”
"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
“I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."
“I promise that I support traditional marriage-1 man-1 woman."
"Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."
“…today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office.”
"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."
"I'll unite the people of this great country."

gossipgirl86

You could see how proud of herself she was. Only she, her family and friends know how hard she has worked to come through this. I am so happy and proud.

obama'saracist

the liberals took the pledge out of the class room.patriotism is at an all time low

texaschickeee

And we all knew her before the shooting.
Don't be so transparent trying to get people to vote for your party....let these zombies use the brain...

oh wait.

Rich

People, you need to understand while Gabby was still in the ER and extensive care, the Tea Party was asking her to resign. They ran ads and got on the news media saying she mush resign. Tea Party = Terrorist Planners.

DON4772

That was inspirational and touching. God bless her.

kim howard

geez...........who cares!

ragu4u

Couldn't they have had her walk a little farther? What idiots!

David

Notice the thumbs down on the ABSOLUTE truth posts like the fact that obama has broken EVERY SINGLE PROMISE he made, as well as the fact that dems and liberals have fought tooth and nail and succeeded in having the pledge removed from schools as well as prayer (unless youre musim) and any mention, even one line out of the bible will get a teacher FIRED. ALL, I mean ALL the work of dems and liberals, yet they DARE to bring out a poor handicapped gunshot victim and say the very pledge they have fought so hard to bury. Pathetic from any point of view. Anyone who cant see that they will go back on ANYTHING they say and do any harm you can imagine to this country to get a vote, well you are just pre-programmed just like they want you. Democrats are un-American and would see all American values and traditions abolished. AMERICAN... you media fed sheep have forgotten the meaning of this word. We have stood by while dems and liberals and crushed everything that made this country an example to the rest of the world. You cowards who just want to feel accepted and be part of the crowd, not thinking for yourself are ensuring the absolute destruction of this country. Hang a sign on your door and make yourself known, because very soon there will be hell to pay for your cowardice and treason. Thumbs down, just another example of how dems and liberals think if you ignore and try to cover up the truth that it is no longer the truth. Stick your anti-American thumbs right where the sun doesnt shine.

Number_One!

"I'll close Guantanamo."

“I will remove earmarks from pork projects before I sign any bill.”

“I promise 100 percent transparency in my administration.”

“I promise no new taxes on a family making less than $250K a year.”

“I will allow five days of public comment before I sign any bills.”

“I will end income tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”

"I will bring all of our troops home within one year."

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."

“I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."

“I promise that I support traditional marriage-1 man-1 woman."

"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."

"I'll unite the people of this great country."

What are the parameters of measurement to answer the question, "Are you better off than four years ago?" The correct list includes:

• Median incomes: These have fallen 7.3% since Obama took office, which translates into an average of $4,000. Since the so-called recovery started, median incomes continued to fall, dropping $2,544, or 4.8%

• Long-term unemployed: More than three years into Obama's recovery, 811,000 more still fall into this category than when the recession ended.

• Poverty: The poverty rate climbed to 15.1% in 2010, up from 14.3% in 2009, and economists think it may have hit 15.7% last year, highest since the 1960...s.

• Food stamps: There are 11.8 million more people on food stamps since Obama's recovery started.

• Disability: More than 1 million workers have been added to Social Security's disability program in the last three years.

• Gas prices: A gallon of gas cost $1.89 when Obama was sworn in. By June 2009, the price was $2.70. Today, it's $3.84.

• Misery Index: When Obama took office, the combination of unemployment and inflation stood at 7.83. Today it's 9.71.

• Union membership: Even unions are worse off under Obama, with membership dropping half a million between 2009 and 2011.

• Debt: Everyone is far worse off if you just look at the national debt. It has climbed more than $5 trillion under Obama, crossing $16 trillion for the first time on Tuesday and driving the U.S. credit rating down.

HAHAHAHAHAHA -- your hero! :-)

jrcole

sure they will do it for sympahy but they took it out of schooland and ball games democrats will do anything for a vote

DR SICK

If she were shot on the opposite side of her head would it even her out?

cookies

Giffords is proud to live in a country where she got shot in the head? We should be shedding tears of embarrassment, not happiness.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6