Lil Wayne vs. Quincy Jones III

You Can't Use My Music

In Film About Me

9/7/2012 9:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0906_lil_wayne_articleLil Wayne claims Quincy Jones' son "dontgetit" when he used the song without permission -- and ironically Q used the song in a movie about Lil Wayne.

Lil Wayne has filed a lawsuit against Quincy Jones III, obtained by TMZ, claiming he never gave permission to use his music in the documentary about him -- "The Carter."

Among the songs used, hits like "Lollipop," "Stuntin' Like My Daddy," "Pussy Monster," "Let the Beat Build," "La La," "Mr. Carter," "A Milli," and "Dontgetit."  All of the songs were from Lil's multi-platinum album, "Tha Carter III."

Lil Wayne claims Quincy III and the other producers never bothered to ask if they could use his tunes.

It appears Lil Wayne cooperated with the filming of the documentary, because he allowed cameras to follow him around.

As it turns out, Lil Wayne hated the movie and sued over it, claiming it was a "scandalous portrayal" of him.

In the music suit, filed by the mega-firm of Lavely & Singer, Lil Wayne asks for unspecified damages and an order prohibiting the producers from using his music.

Regina

SAY WHAT?????? This just didn't make any kind of sense at all. Either Lil Wayne has the biggest ego of all time or the gremlins are at it again at the offices of TMZ. I suspect the gremlins.
If someone filmed a do***entary about you, following you around I imagine with your permission, and you said no to putting your "music" on it, that is just stupid as hell. I would imagine that he KNEW that there was camera's following him....
OH WAIT, I get it now. Doesn't he owe the IRS???? What better way to get the money than to sue the people who were filming your life story, otherwise you would have to report that income to the govt.!!!!!
So instead of getting paid, he get's some money under the table and still gets his do***entary out there. That way he can still continue to dodge paying the tax man. Hmmm, sounds logical to me.

Blogzilla

When did the music industry get taken over by low life trash, or has it always been that way?

Everyones~A~Star

Hes a douchebag thug. No one wants to hear his crap...waste of air with that grill on his face look like his teeth are rotten doesnt even deserve money....THIS is the rich! The filthy disgusting gross over privlaged rich. May he rot like his disgusting teeth that goy got a face like a suckerfish.

Bonnie

I wish the media would not give these thugs any press, they are not worth the time to write an article about them, PLEASE

amanda

i cant stand this dude he pisses me off looking like a damn squirrel. he don't deserve **** in his life he's the biggest piece of S#!T.

Ivan Cohen

The following is an imaginary conversation:
Cell phone rings, Quincy Jones III: Lil Wayne, that you? Uh-huh, you got problems with your music being in this do***entary film about you. Okay, I'll pull your music off of the film. Understand this homie when the do***entary gets distributed all those dead presidents start coming in, you don't get none. You ain't no problem with that? Fine! Bye!
Later on that same day Quincy Jones III meets with the producers, We are still going to put out the Lil Wayne do***entary. One producer raises his hand: What are we going for music, since Wayne said we can't use his. Quincy Jones III: I got this, no problem. We are going to use elevator music on this film and it will be done hip hop style. Get me any and all CD's of Lil Wayne's except The Carter. As my dad often told me, " there is more than one way to skin a cat."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3