Rob Reiner

Clint's RNC Speech Was

'Embarrassing'

9/9/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0909_reiner_videoRob Reiner has always had a way with words and he dropped a critical one when talking about Clint Eastwood's speech at the Republican National Convention last week ... "embarrassing."

By now everyone has seen the "speech" ... with the "Unforgiven" star talking to an empty chair meant to symbolize President Barack Obama.

Reiner, who was at the DNC, said he felt the Dems' convention was better (shocker). And last night outside Toscana in Brentwood, he told our photog he was embarrassed by Clint's baffling speech, adding, "I am a big fan of Clint's but not doing this."

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch

diane

Hey TMZ why do u continue to jam your left wing liberal crap down out throats? Your getting as bad as that homo Perez Hilton. Seriously I just want to read some gossip not listen to u people spread your lies

Raejean

Embarrassing is knowing that the only reason you have a career is thanks to your father.

LIN

I have to laugh reading some of these comments...anyone who is foolish enough to fall for the celebrity fanfare and allow that to determine who will get their vote is completely void of any brains or common sense...in fact..if you're that uniformed on the actual issues you should not be allowed to vote...This is the reason this fraud got into office in the first place without anyone knowing anything about him or his background! But, if he does get a second term..I'll be laughing my ass off at the idiots who voted him in when the government gravy train has run dry!! LOL..FOOLS!!

p51d007

Stifle yourself meathead!

lee

I love Clint Eastwood and have for years since his "spaghetti" westerns and dirty harry days so he can do no wrong in my eyes But I differ with him regarding politics BUT Rob please keep it shut Meathead - You're embarrassing - don't dis Clint Eastwood, he is an ICON, I love you too Rob but don't be demeaning, you can disagree but show some respect for a Hollywood LEGEND!!!!

Little_Leota

I thought it was pretty darned funny!

Kathy

Clint nailed it, I love that guy. Rob Reiner is a good director and actor in his day, but he is waaaay too left to acknowledge anything else if you're not in his camp. He really is the typical Hollywood elitis that doesn't understand life outside his world.

Selebraties Suck

Rob Reiner is still alive?

Sonofavet

FINALLY, SOMEONE BOTHERED to ask Rob Reiner if he had an opinion about something.
Unfortunately for Mr. Reiner, his opinion is about as revelant as.... uh.. Rob Reiner.
Embarrassinlgy and woefully inadequate and meaningless as RobWHO?

Brad

What is more embarrassing Clint or George colony having to raise money for Obama out of the country

CAZZIE

who cares what u think, clint is a bad a**

Emilio

Fat (fill in the blank)...

Tony F.

What would this fat-lefty be doing if his father wasn't in Hollywood? Working at In-N- Out??

ibjujub

Another 1%er making hypocritical statements. Go make me laugh meat-head. Please stay out of politics. TMZ, pander much?

Diamond Goddess!

Not NEARLY as embarrassing as YOUR body of work, "Meathead"! tee hee
You can't even hold a CANDLE to Mr. Eastwood, in ANY way, so STFU.
I GOT Clint's speech, and i LOVED it!!!
And I'm NOT the ONLY one. =)