Rob Reiner

Clint's RNC Speech Was

'Embarrassing'

9/9/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0909_reiner_videoRob Reiner has always had a way with words and he dropped a critical one when talking about Clint Eastwood's speech at the Republican National Convention last week ... "embarrassing."

By now everyone has seen the "speech" ... with the "Unforgiven" star talking to an empty chair meant to symbolize President Barack Obama.

Reiner, who was at the DNC, said he felt the Dems' convention was better (shocker). And last night outside Toscana in Brentwood, he told our photog he was embarrassed by Clint's baffling speech, adding, "I am a big fan of Clint's but not doing this."

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch

CriticXtreme

I agree, Rob you and your family are embarrassments. It's a shame that none of you have any real talents except fakery. Back to Clint - He was like those dudes who drunk dial you only he was live right in front of you. Clint, that night was the 21st Century version of Foster Brooks.

CriticXtreme

[Correction] My apologies Rob Reiner, I was referring those damn talentless, sickening voices Kardashians.

Joey

Rob as an actor was nothing kless then a Pant Load. His father wa stalented Rob is not.
Memeo to Rob Stay away from teh Krispy Kreme store before you explode Lard A$$

pam

It is the meaning that a person or persons recognize as being the solution or at the least attempting to go down the right road. I am of the age where I know that signing a Bill has many more piggybacked to it and so in the end , who knows if the Bill will actually do any good. My point is a year or more ago I noticed that we had two "classes" the "wealthy" and (a new word) "just above poverty". The Middle class has been gone so long that people actually think they are the Middle class if they have a roof over head, bills paid from week to week, food on the table and away to get to WORK. This is at best lower middle class or above poverty, check it out. And so some politician finally admits we do not have the working class anymore, the jobs are over seas, and so on.The rich need these things and so they import them or have a "community" of there own. Without a Middle Class we have foreclosure, unrealistic wages, only the wealthy continue to grow.
A Middle class means citizens can reinvest into the community, and the cities and small towns will get by, maybe not thrive right away; but will grow! and you have the money to support your own restaurants, stores, small businesses. How a person cannot see this shows a blindness. Yes I am happy to GET BY, but to be just above poverty so CEO's and SHAREHOLDERS can live behind gated communities? NO it is wrong, and it did begin with Bush after Reagan rode off the middle class, and started its destruction with (trickle-down economy which finally all, even those whose beliefs were rooted in it finally admitted it did not work. )And 16 years of Bush,one of who will not even show his face. I will just say it , how Clinton band aided the blunders from the first Bush at least worked and most made sense, we had some relief and then another Bush.The country could not survive this man, this man who is NEVER SEEN, UNHEARD OF.... Good Lord, I do not care what anyone says, I have witnessed it, without a working class to bring rise to the Middle, I hope anarchy will rise, those behind the gates should be grateful they are there!Give us back our jobs, the American people did not put the US in debt to China! We want to live right and this is about as close to the reason why America became America, the tyrants however are the wealthy instead of JUST England. And to see most Americans do not see this is sad.

buzz kill

Archie was right, a meathead, dead from the neck up.

Josh

It is the big buffoon Rob Reiner who is embarrassing! Clint kicked a$$!

Meanie

ah... more wisdom from a silver spoon liberal. Surprise, surprise. Vomit.

Liz

Typical response from a Hollywood Democrat. I'm more embarrassed by the Obama presidency!

pam

I am just a person who knows that we no longer have a middle class and I guess no wants to believe this, look up your income, chances are you are slightly above poverty level.

Cheryl

WHAT IS THIS SHARE THE WEALTH BS...i AM NOT GOING TO SHARE MY WEALTH. i PAID A PRICE..PUT MYSELF THROUGH COLLEGE AND WORKED TWO JOBS FOR 7 YEARS..YOU THINK I WANT TO SHARE WITH LAZY A... SLOBS..WOULD U???

kcw8

I love how the Right Wing Nut Jobs are at it again. What is really embarrassing is the way this country is divided. I have never seen so much hate speech toward a sitting president - if anyone had said half the stuff about Bush by the Left Wing of the party, there would have such outrage...."How dare anyone talk about Bush that way!" Remember what happened to the Dixie Chicks for saying they were embarrassed about being from the same state as him. The Right Wing Nut Jobs called for the burning of their CD's. Really???? But it's ok to call the president derogatory names and question his birth place and his religion. But that's not over the line. Talk about the height of hypocrisy!

PatinNJ

Another limousine liberal spouting off. This guy had it handed to him.

Throwback kid

Dirty Harry vs Meathead, I put my money on Dirty Harry. Now get off my lawn!

SOSICKOFPIMPALLRED

really? we REALLY CARE what a MEATHEAD says or thinks??? that was acting for him...he has proven it time and time again

grapa

I take that as a compliment .He must have hit a nerve.Dared to step out of the box and speak his mind.I noticed they haven't dared called him a racist.
With his wife being a minority.Sucks for them they are unable to exploit that angle.What happened to these 60's rebels who wanted the government out of their lives?Now they worship government. I guess it is a Religion for them.