« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jerry 'The King' Lawler

Hospitalized

Heart Attack at WWE Event

9/11/2012 5:30 AM PDT UPDATED: 9/10/2012 11:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Jerry 'The King' Lawler suffered a heart attack at a WWE event.
update_bar
10:42 PM PT -- A rep for the WWE tells TMZ .., "Jerry 'The King' Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating during Monday night's broadcast of 'Monday Night Raw' in Montreal."

The rep adds, "We are hopeful Jerry makes a full recovery and returns to WWE in the near future. Our thoughts are with Jerry and his family."

0314_divider_graphic
Wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler was rushed to the ER tonight after collapsing at a WWE event in Montreal, Quebec ... but is now breathing on his own.

62-year-old Lawler -- who famously battled Andy Kaufman back in the '80s -- was sitting ringside to commentate on a match when he suddenly collapsed.

An emergency response crew rushed to his side and performed CPR on Lawler.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. The WWE says Lawler is now breathing on his own.

Lawler had wrestled inside the ring roughly 30 minutes before he collapsed.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ElisabethIsDisgusting

One more victim of 'roid heart damage.

the_truth_hurts

another old fool that still has to work because he wasted his millions on whores and drugs..

WCK604

was this caught on tape?

wrestlingfools

Wrestling fans...........bunch of low life rednecks. Down at the bottom of human evolution.

RavenHimes

Prayers and love are with you and your family as well as myself and my family that you will recieve the best treatment and healing to come back to us if you can soon. Your heath is first! We care.

arale norimaki

Terry Funk: Hey, Jerry! I hate your ever-loving guts! I hate you with a passion! Jerry Lawler, I hate you! I can't belive that a wrestling fan came up to me, right in the middle of Amarillo, Texas and said to me, 'Do you know who my five favorite wrestling legends are, Terry Funk? I said, 'No, who are they?' That fan said, 'Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Dusty Rhodes....' and I said, 'Don't go any further! And Me, Terry Funk!' And that fan said, 'Why no, Jerry "The King" Lawler!'
JERRY THE KING LAWLER? I DREW BACK AND KNOCKED HIS LIGHTS OUT!
Hulk Hogan I can understand even though he's an egomaniac! I can understand Dusty Rhodes even though he's a egg-sucking mule! I can Understand Ric Flair even though he is a banana nose! I can understand Mick Foley even though he is a satchel-as! But I can't understand Jerry Lawler!! Does he really know what he is talking about? Does he know the Bob Barker look? Does he know about his hair transplants? Does he know that Jerry Lawler is a prevert? A STINKING PREVERT?!

Majestik

Way to hang in there Jerry. Glad to read the update this morning. Sending you best wishes from my heart. You've always been and still are a great entertainer.

black or white

get better jerry

Danny

Hi, I have a video of Lawler getting carried backstage if you're interrested. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJW0UaF4sSg&feature=plcp

ohreally

This should be the "Sit your ass down and retire" PSA for all aging wrestlers.. Seriously.

Get well though.

EarthAngel5

I am glad I sent this tip!!! Feel better soon, Jerry!!

john

For all trying to blame vince and the wee for "making" jerry lawler wrestle get your facts stright,better yet get off the internet and take a shower and go find a job! Jerry is 62 years of age and still a active wrestler getting most of his wrestling bookings on the independent circut. Alot of guys in their 60's still wrestle for a living. Its just how it is. Look at lawlerdoes he look like he is on roids. Hell look at him in the 70's and 80's did he look like he was on roids then? And to who ever said lawler landed on his head or took a elbow in a "botched" move no one else is saying that so i dont know what the hell your looking at. And to those saying wwe should have ended the show. ANd turn away all the people that paid possibly stiring fans up, and causing more confusion/panic. Do they stop football games or any other sporting event when someone is carted off the field with a serious head injury? Internet trolls are stupid Im gonna go get a snow cone now. LATER BITCHES!!!

pajo

So much for the WWE being a "scripted, make-believe soap opera" (that's how the WWE has been described by none other than Linda McMahon!)...

What about the dozen plus WWE performers who were dead before they were 40 years old, McMahon?...it certainly wasn't a "scripted, make-believe soap opera" for them...it was more like a living hell since they had to do potent steroids to keep their muscular definition in front of a camera, and many of them were also forced to take powerful painkillers for the constant beating they took (lethal combo)...

One former WWE performer talked openly about the living hell he went through as a contract performer (he's the Harvard grad, and he went public with the behind-the-scenes truth about the WWE)...

Stephanie

jerry you are in mine and my families hearts and prayers. you can pull through this.

Stephanie

Jerry your are in my and my families hearts and prayers . You can pull through this

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments