Director Nick Cassavetes

I'm OK with Incest!

9/10/2012 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0910_nick_cassavetesarticleWriter/director Nick Cassavetes supports the phrase "If you can't keep it in your pants, keep it in the family" ... claiming there's nothing wrong with a little incest.

Cassavetes, whose new film "Yellow" features a brother/sister relationship, compared the taboo act to gay marriage while promoting the movie in Toronto this weekend.

Cassavetes explained, "Who gives a s**t if people judge you? I'm not saying this is an absolute but in a way, if you're not having kids -- who gives a damn? Love who you want. Isn't that what we say? Gay marriage -- love who you want?"

He continued, "If it’s your brother or sister it’s super-weird, but if you look at it, you’re not hurting anybody ... except every single person who freaks out because you’re in love with one another.”

On a related note, here's a photo of Angelina Jolie kissing her brother on the mouth 12 years ago.

0910_year_angelina_jolie_globephotos

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

larry

Yea my sweet sweet sweet cousin, sister, brother, dad, mother

Btriche

I'm still processing this, I'm gay, this story makes me uncomfortable. Am I wrong to pass judgement on this? I don't know. I'd be very sad if it were my kids. Are we next gonna promote beastiality because it doesn't hurt anyone else?

ARTOFWAR

...Guess what all you unfortunate evolutionary morons.

WE ARE ALL EVOLUTIONAL PRODUCTS OF INCEST. And yet not one of us is a product of evolutional homosexuality.

Let me simplify it for all you pseudo-evolved brain-midgets who seem to be in the multitudes.

Two people left on earth-- both men = end of humanity.
Two people left on earth --both women = end of humanity.

Two people left on earth-- both brother and sister = possible, and very likely, the continuation of humankind.

Nature is not concerned with such trivial moral inflexibility as any set down by the mere whims of men and women.

Nature is only concerned with either few issue and these are: Procreation, and/or the continuance of a particular species or living thing-- or the discontinuance and/or death of any particular species or living thing-- all else is the nonsense, stupidity, and preoccupations of humans.

Morality is nothing but man created laws and control systems which may differentiate widely due to cultures, nations, religious beliefs, etc.

The laws of nature trump the laws of humanity because it is nature's laws which were steadfast billions of years before humankind, and it will be nature's laws that will still hold true billions of years after humankind is nothing but a forgotten after thought in the annals of time's infinite course.

So to all you incest antagonist, get over your stupid knee-jerk "ick-factor" reactions, and remember:

WE ARE ALL EVOLUTIONAL PRODUCTS OF INCEST.

And without incest, none of you would even be here to be so-called "grossed out" about the issue as it stands...Artofwar

Jess

Meh I don't see the problem, my family has been sleeping together for 20 odd years. It's not hurting anyone, we're all in successful relationships. We just enjoy each others company.

myopinion

SICKO!

Keyser Söze

... Nice, Cassavetes. You just gave super arguments to all the anti-gay marriage supporters out there.

Very. Dumb. Comment. Nothing else to say.

Me

What I can't believe, as of the time I'm typing this, is that 8% of the voters AGREED!!!! That 8% must be all of the pedophiles, you sick ****s......

jokerchick

yeah, all you sick fcuks give it a go and let me know how your one eyed, drooling bastard kids end up..inbred rejects need to get out more

John

Nice article. I agree with every word he says here. The world is a very hateful and judgmental place to live in; therefore, if you love someone, it is a celebration, whether it is a brother or a sister or a cousin or whomever it may be. Society is very judgmental.

anonymous

The headline is a distortion. If someone is about tolerance that doesn't mean they are supporting what they tolerate. It just means they don't judge. Typical TMZ.

tick

UMMMM how is being gay like incest?? Thats not even CLOSE to being the same thing!!!!

this guy is gross. (any anyone who approves of incest)

Maggie Mayle

where i grew up, there was a family that the parents were half brother and sister. Their kids have large heads due to water on the brain and were developmentally disabled. Its soooo wrong!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6