Sheryl Crow

Cell Phone May Have

Caused Brain Tumor

9/10/2012 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

091012_sheryl_launch
Sheryl Crow believes excessive cell phone use may be to blame for the benign tumor in her brain.

Crow just appeared on Katie Couric's new show and said the tumor is located in her "cell phone area" ... and says, "I do have the theory that it's possible that it's related to [cell phone use]."

Crow admits her theory has not been confirmed by doctors, but says she's convinced because "[in the] early early days when I was promoting my first record, I did hours of phoners on the old archaic cell phones."

The singer says it became difficult to carry on normal conversations ... claiming she felt "mushy" ... and at one point she was convinced she had early onset Alzheimer's.

Later, she learned she had a benign tumor the size of her pinky that's located between her skull and the lining of her brain.

Crow told Katie the tumor is "nothing I have to worry about" but says it's important to monitor the situation.

2percent

I believe cell phone usage also sucked the last bit of intelligence from her

Phishie from Philly

I've been using cell phones back when they were as big as a suitcases. Scary
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

Drugs didn't play a roll in it?
Phishie from Philly

MsSuburbia

Of course, I can't prove this, but it's a true story. I overheard two retired neurosurgeons talking at a car rental place at the airport (long wait) and they were talking about how they've all known for years that handheld cell phones cause brain tumors, but that the findings have been suppressed from the public.

Harlin's Garage

STFU Crowe... Your a musician, stick to songs not theories... I've been using cell phones for about 2 years and my brain's just fine. I've been using cell phones for about 2 years and my brain's just fine.

The Shadowmaster

How can you have a brain tumor if you have no brain?

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Maybe she should call Jenny McCarthy and they can write a medical book together. How do we know it wasn't from Lance shooting his nut on her face?

Kevin

I think she's probably on to something. Extensive studies have been done on this and from what I've read so far, there is probably a link between cell phones and cancer in some cases.

The Shadowmaster

This brain tumor stuff sounds like fun? Can someone please get me a free government Obama-phone?

Kevin

Think about it: the prickly heat from your mobile batteries so close to your brain cells. Makes me shiver.

donwaltbuckman

or maybe it was from sucking on Lance's pecker

Aggies85

Why does anyone pay any attention to anything this woman says? She has a long history of ill-informed and ridiculous comments. Blaming a mengioma on cell phones is moronic. The incidence of mengioma is about 3 per 100,000. We're there any causal linkage to cell phones, logic would dictate that the rate would be MUCH higher. I am a physician and every one of my neurosurgical colleagues uses cell phones. There is NO causal association found in any of the many studies conducted on this topic (no studies have been "suppressed from the public"). To say "I have a benign meningioma and I use a cell phone... therefore the cell phone caused the tumor" is nothing short of stupid.

Mazor

And Sheryl clearly shows she has all the medical and scientific knowledge of a sh*tty, over the hill pop singer.

Her and Jenny McCarthy should start a university.

F*cking dumb b*tches.