Sheryl Crow

Cell Phone May Have

Caused Brain Tumor

9/10/2012 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

091012_sheryl_launch
Sheryl Crow believes excessive cell phone use may be to blame for the benign tumor in her brain.

Crow just appeared on Katie Couric's new show and said the tumor is located in her "cell phone area" ... and says, "I do have the theory that it's possible that it's related to [cell phone use]."

Crow admits her theory has not been confirmed by doctors, but says she's convinced because "[in the] early early days when I was promoting my first record, I did hours of phoners on the old archaic cell phones."

The singer says it became difficult to carry on normal conversations ... claiming she felt "mushy" ... and at one point she was convinced she had early onset Alzheimer's.

Later, she learned she had a benign tumor the size of her pinky that's located between her skull and the lining of her brain.

Crow told Katie the tumor is "nothing I have to worry about" but says it's important to monitor the situation.

relaxo

People please already! Half of Hollywood would be dead from brain tumors by now.

John

One more Hollywood nutjob..

It did not cause it... I know a lot about rf waves and how much it would take to cause any damage..

The tumor did clearly cause brain damage..

The Shadowmaster

A recent study I saw at the Huffington Post said that liberals and Democrats are the number one users of cell phones in America. Crow must be on to something.

MikeR

Isn't this the same genius who told us we should only use ONE square of toilet paper??

ManiacalZebra

She can't prove it, but she needs something to blame, and cell phones got elected.

stef

Perhaps all of the pot you smoked over the years did it, Sheryl.

Error:840

I hear Sheryl Crow is going on the road with Glen Campbell, they're calling it "The Endless Stutter Tour"

Elizabeth

I have read about the effects of long term cell phone use on causing cancer..I have wondered about that, but i don't care to worry over it;

R

It could be related to her breast cancer.

LRT

I wouldn't be surprised...I had 2 close friends die of brain cancer...both had jobs that they were on the cell phone constantly...makes yea think... Some people may be more prone than others..

Hater!

Maybe she got one of Lance's balls in her cell phone area!

Confused

Maybe it's from having Lance Armstrong's crotch up to her head.

DetroitRocks

Isnt she the same genius that said we never need to use more than one square of toilet paper?

writenow

That's a very old theory....and one that cell phone companies have paid a lot of money to try to disparage.

AmandaJ

That's horrible! You do have to admit though, she looks amazing. Brain tumor or not. She can pull off anything. I heard she keeps her body looking young with Extractor Drops. I found some on ebay and I can't wait to try it! I'm so excited!!!!! Here's the link!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments